poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Cream eyeshadows!

There's clearly an underlying trend with my faves, but I promise they all translate differently on the eyes and for different purposes :smileytongue:. These are all part of the permanent range and/or are still available for purchase.

cream.jpg

-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in B-day Suit: This is my favorite base to use on days when I'm wearing neutral powdered eyeshadows. Despite its sheer nature, it really amps up any taupes or grays I layer over it. I find that Benefit Creaseless shadows aren't too long-wearing, which is why I prefer using them as bases. One pot will also last you for a couple of years without drying out. (MAC paint pots, I'm looking at you!)

-Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Initiation: One of the best holiday purchases this year, this bad boy is packed with shimmer and glitter -- perfect for this time of year!  However, the glitter particles do not migrate throughout the day. This is probably one of the more opaque Illusion D'ombres Chanel offers, and it's just beautiful. Just go and pick it up. You'll be thanking me later :smileyhappy:

-Diorshow Fusion Mono in 821 Chimere: This is perfect for days when I'm running late but still want something on my eyes with minimal effort. Chimere pulls rose gold under some lights and goldish brown in others -- truly a multi-faceted shade! The shimmer is quite noticeable, don't get me wrong, but it's still toned down enough that I would say is work appropriate.

-Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige: Maybelline really outdid themselves with these Color Tattoos, as I find them far superior than MAC paint pots in terms of staying power and not creasing as the day goes on. I particularly like using Barely Beige as a base for champagne and peachy-pink powdered shadows. I haven't had any issues with these cream shadows drying out, but even if they did, I'm not complaining as they're a fraction of the price of most higher end ones.

-Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow in Slate: I'm a huge fan of the Tarte Amazonian line for the eyes, and the huge dent in the pot is a good indication of how often I reach for this product. It's the perfect taupe shade in a cream form for me, as it pulls neither too warm nor too cool on my eyes. Again, another one of those pop on the lids and blend into the crease with my fingers of a shadow and I'm out the door.

What are some of your favorite cream shadows?

SallieSunshine

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Cream eyeshadows!

Well, that didn't take long! I picked up the Diorshow in Chimere today. I cannot wait to try it out tomorrow. I couldn't remember the name of the color at first, so I was opening all the sample jars going, "Nope, not this one - but wow, this is pretty. Oooh, this one's even prettier!" etc. 

At least I showed *some* restraint and only purchased the one... Thank you, poshified, for the enabling tip!

poshified

Happy to enable help! :smileywink: Let me know how you like it!

BeautyLove02

You've inspired me to dig out my Benefit B-day Suit and try it as a base :smileyhappy: Like you said, it didn't stay long on its own, but I've yet to try it as a base. I've been lusting after the Dior Mono (the white one-Lune), but I'm going to wait until after the gift buying to get it. Its been in my cart for 3 weeks XD

poshified

(0) Hearts

I saw one makeup artist dab Lune over a client's eye look, and it completely transformed her look! I hope you get your hands on it :smileyhappy:

SallieSunshine

Oh, my gosh. This thread is going to kill me. I haven't thought that much about cream shadows. I have Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Leather, which looks fantastic with my green eyes. And last week I picked up Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal. I was at the drugstore feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, my eye caught the teal because it's my color, and I'd heard so much about the Color Tattoo line I just grabbed it on impulse. 

But these - oh, these lovely Chanel and Dior and.... just when I thought I was done buying makeup forever!!!

poshified

How do you like the Shiseido cream shadows? Everytime I pass by the counter, I'm overwhelmed by the color selection!

Haha, Welcome to Beauty Talk! (Often times referred to as Enablers Talk :smileywink:)

SallieSunshine

No kidding! Geez!

I like my Shiseido cream. I'm still learning how to use it - it was my first ever cream shadow. I'd been using my fingers, and today was actually the first time I used a brush (because I finally got some synthetic brushes). I don't really have the hang of it yet. But I will tell you that it has great pigmentation. The Leather is described as a "warm reddish brown," but it has a beautiful gold shimmer to it in certain light. It's still totally work appropriate. I put it on 14 hours ago, and while it's definitely faded some, it hasn't shifted or creased. (Of course, that's with my HG NARS primer.)

poshified

(0) Hearts

I foresee playtime at my local Shiseido! :smileyvery-happy: I'm glad to hear it's budge-proof even with good ol' NARS! It sounds like a good base color for the warmer brown eyeshadows and even coppery ones.

melde

Your Chanel and Dior ones..... "I want that."

poshified

You need them both! :smileytongue:

melde

Seriously, about to put in an few orders. Maybe we need to vote for "Enablers of the Year on BT" haha

poshified

(0) Hearts

LOL! You'll be on that list for sure!

prosopon

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love purples and bronzes!

1.  Buxom in Pug - my very first cream-like eyeshadow (definitely not the last)

2.  Flower (Drew Barrymore's line at walmart) in Orchid-ing Around - my last cream shadow purchase, it is very creamy I actually prefer to apply with my fingers

3.  L'Oreal Infallible in Bronzed Taupe - my one shadow go-to look

4.  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Lavish Lavender

5.  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze - seems I am not alone in loving this one!

poshified

I've been meaning to try Drew Barrymore's line. Now I know where to start with! :smileyhappy: Great swatches!

prosopon

It is very creamy (at least the one I got) and I find it easier to apply it with my ring finger. It is a gorgeous taupe-y purple color, worth the small obstacle.

DTalksAll

IMG_3067.jpg

From L-R: sorry I forgot to swatch :smileysad: 

Chanel Illusoire - Taupe, gray, black, sparkle. High shimmer, creases without primer, but looks so pretty! 

Chanel Ebloui - Reddish brown with less fallout than Illusoire.

MAC Blackground - My smokey eye base

MAC Rubenesque - By far my favorite MAC product ever, and probably in my top 10 of all makeup items. It does crease without a primer (I find all paint pots need a primer) BUT it's the perfect base for lighter shades like Stila Kitten and Urban Decay 1/2 baked. 

MUFE 11 - Because sometimes you want to rock a gold eye! Hard to work with, but stays put once you get it where you want it. 

poshified

Great picks! I need to use Illusoire more this coming year as I find that it's quickly drying out on me :smileysad:. MUFE 11 is so pretty!

roxystar4

I really like my MAC rubenesque too dannyc! Great picks!

ShinyMagpie

I've only ever tried the Maybelline Color Tattoo because they are so economical and I love them so much I figure why spend more on a higher end brand when these are so great. I have quite a few colors. 

poshified

What are your favorite colors from the line? I would say Bad to the Bronze is my second fave!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 67 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • spoiledbrat
    • poshified
    • roxystar4
    • sulfate