poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Cream eyeshadows!

There's clearly an underlying trend with my faves, but I promise they all translate differently on the eyes and for different purposes :smileytongue:. These are all part of the permanent range and/or are still available for purchase.

cream.jpg

-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in B-day Suit: This is my favorite base to use on days when I'm wearing neutral powdered eyeshadows. Despite its sheer nature, it really amps up any taupes or grays I layer over it. I find that Benefit Creaseless shadows aren't too long-wearing, which is why I prefer using them as bases. One pot will also last you for a couple of years without drying out. (MAC paint pots, I'm looking at you!)

-Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Initiation: One of the best holiday purchases this year, this bad boy is packed with shimmer and glitter -- perfect for this time of year!  However, the glitter particles do not migrate throughout the day. This is probably one of the more opaque Illusion D'ombres Chanel offers, and it's just beautiful. Just go and pick it up. You'll be thanking me later :smileyhappy:

-Diorshow Fusion Mono in 821 Chimere: This is perfect for days when I'm running late but still want something on my eyes with minimal effort. Chimere pulls rose gold under some lights and goldish brown in others -- truly a multi-faceted shade! The shimmer is quite noticeable, don't get me wrong, but it's still toned down enough that I would say is work appropriate.

-Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige: Maybelline really outdid themselves with these Color Tattoos, as I find them far superior than MAC paint pots in terms of staying power and not creasing as the day goes on. I particularly like using Barely Beige as a base for champagne and peachy-pink powdered shadows. I haven't had any issues with these cream shadows drying out, but even if they did, I'm not complaining as they're a fraction of the price of most higher end ones.

-Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow in Slate: I'm a huge fan of the Tarte Amazonian line for the eyes, and the huge dent in the pot is a good indication of how often I reach for this product. It's the perfect taupe shade in a cream form for me, as it pulls neither too warm nor too cool on my eyes. Again, another one of those pop on the lids and blend into the crease with my fingers of a shadow and I'm out the door.

What are some of your favorite cream shadows?

ShinyMagpie

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Cream eyeshadows!

I really like the Barely Beige and I also really like Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Pink, and Tough as Taupe. 

I want to try Mac Painterly because I've seen a few vloggers say how great it is as a base for other eyeshadow. 

poshified

They're definitely good as bases. Painterly will work well with cooler skin tones and Soft Ochre for warmer skin tones :smileyhappy:

missey1973

I love all the Bobbi Brown ones. She sold me on her products when I had my makeup done at a Bobbi Brown counter, slept in it, and still woke up the next morning looking like my eye shadow had just been put on.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Okay, I seriously need to get myself to a Bobbi counter now!

sulfate

I saw the Armani Eyes To Kill Intense shadows today and am wondering if any of you cream shadow experts have tried them.  They seem to be a cross between powder and cream and was wondering how they compare.  I hope I'm not hijacking!!!

poshified

One word to describe them: amazing! Seriously. However, when L'oreal launched the Infallibles, I stopped purchasing the Armani ones, since they're basically the same exact product; L'oreal owns Armani. (Some would disagree and, admittedly, L'oreal doesn't have as much dimension as the Armani but given the price discrepancy, I ain't complaining :smileywink:). They're more like pressed pigments but the color payoff and the metallic finish... gorgeous. Also the staying power is unbelievable! If you're looking into the Armani ones, #6 is a great color to start off with. For L'oreal, you really can't go wrong with Bronzed Taupe.

sulfate

#6 is actually the one I was eyeing! I was trying to figure out if I could wear that as a liner or if I should look at a light color as a base for my regular shadow.

Thanks for all that and for tip for the Infallibles.  

poshified

I don't think the Armani Eyes to Kill are meant to be used as bases but as standalone eyeshadows/pigments :smileyhappy:. I like wearing #6 as an all over lid shade and blended into the crease with my finger. UD's Naked in the crease is optional depending on how pressed for time I am. A good light color from the range would be #9. I hope that was helpful!

sulfate

Hugely helpful, thanks!!

KrispiKreme

upload_3096988827020255479.jpg

upload_2552904914116171053.jpgAs you can tell, I really love Buxom shadows.

poshified

*gasp* That green!!!

KrispiKreme

I know! I'm super super pale so it looks very dramatic on my eyes but I LOVE it.

mpolansky

And that Chanel one deserves its own spotlight. Trying to avoid your enabling right now!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, I hesitated for a split second until I saw it in person!

SirenPrincess

My favorites are Bobbi Brown Sandy Gold, Stone, and Heather; MAC Painterly; and Maybelline Color Tattoo in something pink, can't remember the exact name.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I always forget Bobbi makes cream shadows! I'll have to check those out next time I'm at Nordies :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

They're very nice!  They really are ultra-long wear.  I wore Sandy Gold and Stone in the hot tub, the HOT TUB, and managed to come out looking like I'd just done the shadow.  I find they're also really easy to use and fast.  Just dab a bit on your finger, rub, you're done.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Sandy Gold looks like the perfect cream base for colors like MAC's patina! Do you have any issues with them drying out or anything?

SirenPrincess

No, I haven't had any issues with mine drying out.  I have ... 4 colors and no problems with any of them.  The one thing I will say is when you are first putting it on while they're still wet they look not quite right, like you want to keep messing with them or maybe you did it wrong, and then they dry and then it's just wow!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

Do top 3's count?!

IMG_5210.jpg

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in My Two Cents

MAC Painterly Paint Pot

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe