Too Faced Chocolate Bar

JenBlush

Too Faced Chocolate Bar

Has anyone already tried the Chocolate bar? I see it is already on the website but not in stock. Also no reviews just yet.

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried or maybe wants to try it? How do Too Faced shadows compare to the other neutral pallets out there (i.e Naked 1, 2, or 3, Lorac pro, etc)

I see that it is around the same price range as all the others. 

So what do you think??

http://www.sephora.com/the-chocolate-bar-eye-palette-P384402?skuId=1578012

calamityjane85

Re: Too Faced Chocolate Bar

must have this!!  I am a sucker for packaging, and these colors look sooooo good!!

bfuller

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette has a release date - exclusively at Sephora December 19, 2013 - December 31, 2013!   <3

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

its only going to be for a certain time?? D:

lyravega

(0) Hearts

"Chocolate Bar will be available exclusively on Sephora.com on 12/19-12/31. It will be available on toofaced dot com and other retailers after 12/31. It will not be in stores until the end of January." This is the response about the matter on TF's FB page. Hope this helps :smileywink:

juicytulip

(0) Hearts

My assumption is that it's only EXCLUSIVE to Sephora during those few days, which means the Too Faced site will probably have it on the 1st. Just a guess.

sweetieeee

Ahh I really want this palette but I already have so many eye shadows that are brown. I don't know what to do.. Buy or don't buy... But I'm not a hug fan of color just a good smokey eye. The struggle for me ):

JenBlush

*Enabling Alert*

One can never have enough eyeshadows! lol especially brown ones! it is the best color i believe for any skin color and is flattering to wear in the day or in the night! <3

SirenPrincess

Musing of a Muse has a review and swatches up too.

I waaaaant this.  Smells like chocolate! Swatches look beautiful.  But ... I'm afraid I'm just going to be disappointed in this.  I've been disappointed in most of the Too Faced products I've purchased.  I find their eyeshadows chalky and crumbly.  I loved the smell of the bronzer, and I really wanted to love it, but it just looked wrong on me.  Maybe if I wait until they come out at stores I can convince a cast member to try it on my eyes before I buy.

mberteig

It's funny how it is different for everyone, as I love Too Faced shadows and to me they are one of the best!  I do not find them chalky or crumbly.  I also like the Candlelight highlighter, but do not like their mascaras (except for Better Than Sex) or bronzers.  So, your mileage may vary!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

It is interesting to see what formulas everyone else loves and hates.  Too Faced does do an amazing job on marketing and packaging.  They make me want their products just because I love the themes and cute packaging.  But the actual shadows not so much.  But other people love them.  And then other ones that I love people don't and it makes me wonder why it's different. Oh well, if we all loved the same thing, make-up would be pretty boring.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

Well, i have never tried any of their other eyeshadows, but, i absolutely love their bronzer. So if this eyeshadow palette is as great as their bronzer, I am in!

IllegallyBlonde

I've been dying to try TooFaced shadows and haven't yet because I already have so many palettes. I love, and want to marry, their chocolate soleil bronzer. It's my HG and it smells delicious (but I would use it even without the scent.) I would definitely try this, but I too wonder how it compares to UD.

Missie772

This looks SO PRETTY! But it *really really really* bothers me that two of the colors are bigger than the rest of the palette. I know that it is the weirdest thing to be bothered by (first world problems), but because of that, I won't be purchasing it. Is that sad??? I hope I am not the only one this crazy! :smileyvery-happy:

mberteig

I actually like this, I use lighter colors on the lid and browbone and therefore use more of them than the darker colors, so I am glad they are larger!  For me, that is a plus and more incentive to buy this palette!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

it doesn't bother me! lol i think since those two can be used as highlight colors, they made it bigger so that it will last just as long as the other colors! I mean, thats why i think they did it! 

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Takes up room where 2 more shadows could be!

melde

(0) Hearts

It totally bothers me too, haha.

ladymeag

Sodium Saccharin, whyyyyyyy?! Those colors look great - but I'm allergic to this particular sweetener. I get that they wanted it to smell sweet but boooo. 

JenBlush

Awww!! :smileysad: maybe they should have made one without the scent? just in case?

ladymeag

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks. :smileyhappy: While I like unscented things a lot - a chocolate scent would have been awesome, too. :smileyvery-happy:

I would have been happy with the cocoa scent without that particular sweetener. :smileyhappy: MAC manages to make their lipsticks smell sweet without sodium saccharin - as do a lot of other brands, I'm sure there was a way without leaving out everyone with sulfa-based allergies (if the reaction from my doctors and various hospital visits is any indication, no more rare than my latex allergy.) 

(Heads up: if you're allergic to sulfa drugs, you're allergic to this one!) 

IttyxBittyxMe

The pans look like the layout of the Too Faced Loves Sephora Palette and that was an absolute DISASTER. Pans falling out all over the place, it was horrible. Hopefully it functions better then it looks.

That aside, I want it, but I see this palette doing absolutely nothing for me because of the browns. Brown on brown doesn't do to much. And some of the shades look like they're going to be to light, make me look ashy, or entirely to dark. Because of this, I am sad. u_u

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • kenny
    • mberteig
    • misscg
    • lyravega
    • ladymeag
    • cutiecocolove