SailorStacy

To UD electric palette or not

So, I'm 43 years young.  In my mind I'm still 21.  I have crepey eyelids, but love bright, shimmery colors.  Sure, it highlights everything but I'm a sucker for shinys and colors.  What are your thoughts lovely beauties?

MK89

Re: To UD electric palette or not

(0) Hearts

You do what works for you and makes you feel good :smileywink: 

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but MJ The Siren is a little less bright but still gorgeous palette of colors, you should check it out! I love it

Sonny4President

(0) Hearts

Stop, don't think like that! You're never too old to play with colour! And your eyelids aren't creepy! 

CeliaV

Awww!  That was so sweet but she said "crepey," meaning thinner/more delicate/finely lined skin.  It happens to our skin as we age and lose some elasticity.  But you're right, definitely nothing creepy about that either!  

And to the OP, I'm 24 so feel free to ignore my opinion but I truly feel like others here:  You are never too old for color or texture or any other delicious makeup thing you want.  My nearly 60-year-old mother has stopped by my apartment before work (we live in the same city) to borrow my Electric Palette many times.  And it looks amazing on her, crepe or no.  Rock it.

CeliaV

(0) Hearts

(I know I already said this up-thread haha.  Just reiterating.  All ages for all makeup!)

gogreyhound

I vote we all do what we like! I love shimmery colors, always will, probably even when I am 90! To me when I use too many mattes it makes my eylids look mummy-ish. I personally wouldn't wear the bright colors like yellow or orange, but I like them on others and say go for it! There are no rules, really.We can't limit ourselves because of our age, weight, height, ettc.  Let's all rock what we want to ! go US!

shellysk8

I'm 47, and loving it. My daughter is 29, and loves hers too. We both wear different looks with it but still have fun. Go for it! 

19capricorn60

I am 54 and LOVE thie palette. many colors are matt, and work fine on "older" skin. And its SOO much fun!

jozkid

Haha! I'm a 19capricorn61! :smileyhappy:

newandaddicted

I'm close to your age and I love that palette!  Wasn't going to buy it, but I'm happy I did!

kbmatthews

total sidenote, but I think it's super cool when I see gals 50+ with a bright streak in their hair or wearing statement jewelry. There's always a way to wear bright, fun colours without looking silly. 

LariTheLoud

You just described my mother, kb! :smileyhappy:

kbmatthews

Really?! That's AWESOME! Seriously! Kudos to her!

lurchie1982

(0) Hearts

Thats right

lurchie1982

(0) Hearts

ups, wrong titel

LariTheLoud

Hahahahaha! She's fantastic. She's chopped her hair funky short and dyed it all kinds of reds and browns for as long as I remember. I don't think I've ever seen her natural hair color, tbh. Currently she has a deep dark brown with red undertones and a chunky highlight framing her face. (This is why she can look great with UD Electric Palette and have it suit her.)

I'll probably grow into that when I'm her age, too. I can't imagine giving up my bright colors.

CeliaV

I know I just talked about this elsewhere on the forum, but age is not a restriction to me when it comes to makeup.  You are the person wearing it and choosing it and expressing yourself.  Sure, shimmer might settle into fine lines sometimes or something very bright might attract attention to them when you look in a magnifying mirror.  But fine lines are something we all deal with one day and I say why not have fabulous shimmery eyes or bold bright looks?  Everything can be matured or toned down for age.  And 43 ain't no thang!  :smileyhappy:  

On the palette itself, it's utterly genius.  Anyone who loves brights and bolds will absolutely adore it.  And there are definitely some shades pearlized enough to qualify as shimmery, but not overly so.  It's a great palette.  I'd say it's most equivalent to the Sugarpill palettes or even a bright version of Lorac Pro due to how blendable they are.  I think the Electric Palette is one of those that looks awesome on anyone bold enough to wear it.  I love mine (granted at 24 I'm not a big help on the age issue, but I've seen many people older than me simply rock looks with it)!

meagboho

(0) Hearts

To each her own, do what YOU want.  Have fun with it :smileyhappy:

czikimonkey

[ Edited ]

Hi! I'm 42 going on 43 and I have this palette. I LOVE it. I use it mostly for accents--it's great as eyeliner, or mixed with neutrals. I do admit I wore the silver and purple on my eyelids the other day and it rocked. Just make sure you use a primer as some of the colors can stain. Enjoy!

kbmatthews

Really? You're in your 40's? I honestly thought you were in your 30's going by your profile pic! 

chelssss

lol, I thought the same. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 69 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • chelssss
    • shellysk8