Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

I am very greatful to be chosen by Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty to receive the gratis of Marc Jacob's new Matte Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliners . I receive colors (Earth)quake a beautiful brown and (Grape) vine a beautiful purple shade.

IMG_5842.JPG

Texture of these liners is very smooth and creamy and they glide easily on skin. I rubbed the swatches 1 minute after wearing But liners were completely dry and they didn't smudge at all. They stay put when I run water on the wrist and just slightly faded when washed with hand soap, three minutes after wearing.

In short apparently they live up to all the claims. I'll try them on soon and will share the eye looks later. For now here are the swatches. 

Top: Fresh Swatches

Bottom: After washing with soap and warm water 

IMG_5841.JPGIMG_5843.JPG

Thank you Sephora and MarcJacob's beauty!

Re: Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

Just like @EvangelineDamonI have oily hooded lids and my secret to get a nice pop of color around my eyes is eyeliner!

I am grateful to receive this gift and one of my favorite product makes it extra sweet.  MJ liners do not budge!  (use oil to remove).  They come in a bunch of colors.  The only con is the price or I will have them all!  ;')

Thank you Mods, Sephora and of course, MJ!!!!

The 'purple' on me looks like a true aubergine which I like.  The 'brown' also pops! 

I was also very fortunate to receive this gift from Marc Jacobs and Sephora. This was such a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Thank you to all involved.

20170313_183047.jpeg

Based on all of my experiences with pencil eyeliners, this formula has helped change my opinion especially on non-transfer claims.

I have oily and hooded lids (awesome!) and no matter the primer or eyeshadow, et cetera, I will always get a slight transfer from my pencil eyeliner to my crease.

I've tested these two out on both my upper and lower lash line on four separate occasions and can say this stayed in place on my upper lash line, oily lids and all, without fading or transferring.

Lower lash line stayed put but faded over the day. However, it faded without bleeding/transferring. 

20170313_183906-1.jpeg

It does include a sharpener at the bottom of the pencil that you can use, very carefully, once you twist the product up. Great idea, for those who are not spastic like me. I do like this feature though, as I do recall a few complaints regarding his original attempt at this type of pencil.

20170313_183259.jpeg

Before Sharpening

20170313_183357.jpeg

And After20170313_183422.jpeg

A few more comparison swatches

Earthquake is a perfect cool toned, dark brown. While Grapevine is also cool toned and not very vibrant at all. 

20170313_184329-1.jpeg

Top 2 Row Browns: Sephora Collection Tiramisu (closest match), UD Smog, UD Whiskey vs long swatch of Earthquake

Bottom 2 Rows: long swatch of Grapevine vs. L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Liner in purple (much more vibrant), Revlon Photoready Kajal in purple reign

& finally, compared to a black from MJ

20170313_184521-1.jpeg

A few cons:

• I noticed when I applied more than two swipes (no blending, just to get a darker line) it made it possible to wipe/flake off.
  • Lack of colours. Man oh man I wish there was a non cool toned green in there.
  • Sharpening can be a bit tough, but I appreciate the effort.

I really do like these pencils. Thanks again.

What an awesome review!!! These sound really nice! I have only tried the original gel eyeliners not these.  Excited to check them out!!

Oh wow ! You're super lucky ! Did anyone in Canada get these?

Thank you @teenageparasite I am in Canada.

Congrats to all of you who got these! How awesome! Ive been meaning to buy the reddish one and also one of the blue or purple colored ones but I haven't had a chance yet. Your reviews are all pretty great so I'll probably get one or two soon! 😄

Thank you @sabrinas! I want the reddish one as well! And the blue and the pink and....a few more! lol. They are very smooth and easy to apply!

I'm very grateful to Sephora and Marc Jacobs beauty for sending me these same two Marc Jacob's highliners as well! As soon as I got home and opened the box I decided to experiment with them right away since the eye makeup I already had on for the day didn't include eyeliner. I never use eye because due to my poor eyesight I'm very nervous that I'll mess up everything just when I'm almost done. 

These pencils are very creamy and glided on very smoothly. They were really easy to blend together when I applied in small dashes in the areas that I was too nervous to try a continuous line.

I'm so glad I got to try these because since they were so easy to use now I feel like eyeliner isn't so scary anymore. I'm going to order them in more colors.

Here is my first go of it. I used (Earth)quake on my upper lash line and (Grape)vine on my lower lash line

IMG_4189.JPG

Congratulations to all my fellow BTers here that also received these Marc Jacob's highliners to try. I hope you all are loving them too 🙂

Congratulations @PaletteAddict99 It's a great look!

The two of them work well together! Love this @PaletteAddict99 and congrats! 

Thank you! @ElleElleG Congrats to you as well! It's great that we got to try these out to elevate our eyeshadow challenge experience!

Congratulations, @PaletteAddict99!  I'm excited for you that you gave these eyeliners a try!  I love how the purple makes your brown eye(s) pop.  This is what the brown did for my blue eyes.

Thank you @Titian06 I'm glad that the brown worked in that way for you! I'm going to get a couple of the other colors for a fresh spring eye popping look 🙂 and thank you for your wise words in the beginning of the eyeshadow challenge about adding bright colors into the crease area first to get used to using them. I'm hooked now ❤️

You're welcome @PaletteAddict99!  I'm glad that worked for you.  🙂

@PaletteAddict99,

Good for you!  🙂  Congratulations!

TY! @tsavorite 🙂 

I feel so lucky to have received the Marc Jacobs Highliner Matte Eye Crayon in (Earth)quake 41 and (Grape)vine 63 from Sephora. I've swatched them three ways: one swipe, three swipes (with a few seconds dry down after the first pass), and smudged single swipe. For color comparisons on the left side of my arm I have purples, Urban Decay 24/7 in Rockstar (top) and Empire (bottom), and Browns, Marc Jacobs Brown(out) Highliner (top) and Armani Smooth Silk eyeliner in 2.

image.jpeg

The Marc Jacobs Matte Highliners are incredibly smooth and creamy. I love that they are shimmer-free and very saturated. I smudged (Earth)quake on my inner and outer lid as a base for Marc Jacobs Lolita palette eyeshadows. I also used it as liner. (Grape)vine went in the waterline and smudged beneath the lashes. It's such a pretty color! I smudged it out with the pink iridescent shadow from the Lolita palette (but the camera didn't pick the pink up so well). Because these are so creamy, they will need to be sharpened often.. I have not yet tried the lil sharpener in the pencil end.

image.jpeg

I think the most impressive part of these liners is how they stay in the waterline. I put one layer on, let it set for 30 sec and added another layer. It was incredibly opaque for how liners usually look on me! For reference, my eyes are allergy stricken-prone to watering, itching, and irritation. I consider liner a success if it runs off my waterline and catches in my lashes, nothing really stays on me. This however has, after six hours it's still on the waterline. Yay! And it hasn't made my eyes water (some liners do).

image.jpeg

Oh it is such a pretty look @playingdressup Purple is bringing out the green of your eyes. I may try it on lower lash line sometime.

Thanks for the color comparisons @playingdressup the MJ are definitely a standout! 

They are @ElleElleG! Grape(vine)'s undertone is more blue than my other purples. I like it

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • IMG_5842.JPG
  • IMG_5841.JPG
  • IMG_5843.JPG
  • My Highliners.jpg
  • Highliner.jpg
  • Grapevine .jpg
  • IMG_5852.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg