Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Tartelette in Bloom or Modern Renaissance

I can see myself using both of palettes but not the two pink colours in the modern renaissance palette. Despite that I've had my eye on both these but really not sure which I should purchase, any advice on the products or personal experiences would be great! 

Re: Tartelette in Bloom or Modern Renaissance

I own both palettes but I started off with the Tartelette in Bloom Clay Palette first. If you are a beginner to makeup or see yourself using more neutral colours I would stick to that palette. However, if you are feeling more adventurous and would like a pop of colour I definitely recommend ABH Modern Renaissance. I use both palettes sometimes when creating an eye look. Both are definitely in my beauty must haves !

I started with Tartelette in Bloom for every day and even wedding makeup but I will also definitely get Modern Renaissance at some point as I get bolder and want more pigmented and bold look

Not sure if you still need help but I actually didn't like the Tartelette in Bloom palette. I seem to be the only person on this Earth who didn't but I found the shimmery shades very lacking in pigment and full of fallout, while the matte shades were hard to blend.

But I absolutely love the ABH Modern Renaissance palette and it's now my go-to HG palette. It is perfect for any eye look, full of pigment, easy to blend and lasts a while on the eye. There is a kickback when you dip your brush in but it's not a big problem at all.

Hi @sandramlewis,

So I was so partial towards the Tartelette in Bloom Palette. I use it all of the time and it's great for travel. I have recently started using the Modern Renaissance Palette and loved the matte shades! They apply so well and are so pigmented! 

I think that I like the shimmer shades in the Tartelette in Bloom palette more and the mattes more in the Modern Renaissance Palette. 

The Tartelette in Bloom I think still gets my vote, plus it smells really good.  The shades are more wearable in my personal opinion. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Tarte are my second favorite formula of eyeshadows behind ABH.  I say ABH but if you don't think you will get enough use out of all the shades, I know I dont, I would go with the Tartelette in Bloom.  I find myself sticking to the same neutral shades in the ABH and hardly ever touching the brighter pinks and oranges.  Whereas in the Tartelette in Bloom I use nearly all of them regularly.  I find both are good pigmentation and blending ability but the formulas differ greatly.  

ABH shadows are much softer meaning there is a lot of kick-up of product so you have to be careful not to apply to much or you will have trouble blending.  This also means you go through the shadows much more quickly.  I have hit pan on lots of ABH shades but not yet on a Tarte one and these are my two most used eye palettes. I do love this formula as I have learned to work with a lighter hand and then these blend like a dream.  One downfall of the ABH palette though, is the packaging.  This might not matter to you but I hate how its fuzzy on the outside.  It looks pretty but it gets dirty quickly and looks sort of gross.  The Tartelette in Bloom palette picks up finger prints on the bottom but it is easy to clean and much more sturdy, as opposed to the ABH cardboard packaging.  Tarte shadows are "drier" but I don't mean that in a bad way.  They have less kick-up and fallout but are still pigmented and easy to blend.  

Both are great picks and I love them both, preference might just come into play here but IMO these are the pros and cons for each. 

ABH

Pros: Highly pigmented, high-blend ability

Cons: Packaging gets dirty, kick up and fall out - need a light hand

Tarte

Pros: Pigmented (not as much as ABH), high-blendability, can be built-up and harder to over do it, sturdy packaging that is easy to clean

Cons: Less pigmented, less vibrant shades and less variability among shades

The Modern Renaissance has my vote. The quality and pigmentation of ABH eye shadows are incredible.

When I bought this palette, I too didn't think I'd use the reds (or the orange for that matter). I was wrong. These colors look way better on the lid than they do in the pan. 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing