bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

[ Edited ]

My name is Bombshell and I continue to be an eyeshadow addict enthusiast !! However, five weeks ago I began a quest to actually start using my mountains and mountains of palettes and shadows. Along with some awesome ladies who have joined in I have committed to using the same palette 5 days in a row and posting the results at the end of five days. Those with single shadows are welcome to join in as well! 

If you are interested in the original rules & lists posted they can be found in off topic, (take the challenge: palette parade).  the gist of it is make a list, plan to show all your shadows love for extended period of time (5days), if you hate it first day move on. I am also planning to add weeks of singles by brand (Stila week, UD week, Nars week).  I think instead of posting and editing lists it would be easier to report what we plan to use at the beginning of the week and the report the results at the end. We meet here at the end of the week to discuss what we wore for the week, how it worked for us and most importantly to share pictures and advice! Anyone can join as we all started at different times and have different numbers of palettes, and will finish at different times. I am looking at 38 (?) more weeks if I don't buy one more palette! :smileywink: Xoxo I look forward to more fun parading with all you girls!

image.jpg

Palette Parade Princesses: CalamityJane85, Nikki, LadyMeag, Beethousand, AmberAngeline, MaFan, nurseCupcake, Carolang, Jenblush, Malday, Sparlekai, GHKim, IttyxBittyxMe, Katie241, SirenPrincess, Manniface.

IttyxBittyxMe

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

If you guys could see the way I'm jimmy rigging my laptop to post these pictures you'd probably be laughing at me....

Anyway these were my looks of the week with the Monarch palette, my review is down below.

Fotor0422172626.jpg

Fotor042820023.jpgFotor0428200534.jpgLook 4.jpgFotor0428201113.jpg

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I pretty much want to do every look you ever do. Your hair is beautiful! 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

Beautiful! I'm also loving that sleek bob on you!

mrsbaine

Hi! I had the Too Faced Chocolate Bar last week. I actually like it alot and will be keeping it. It's a nice neutral palette with some pops of colors and interesting neutrals.

monday.jpg monday.jpgwednesday.jpg

This week is KVD Monarch, which I liked when I played with it, but made me late this AM as I had to redo my eyes because they looked crazy. We'll see. 

IttyxBittyxMe

Kinda checking in...My laptop had a little accident last night so the fan doesn't work. I was just trying to do something on it and it shut off due to overheating so I'm going to wait another hour or two before trying to pull the pictures from this week off of there. So for now, a description of how my week went. 

I did the KVD Monarch Palette this week and simple explanation: It's going back .

Now, as to the why it's going back well, it didn't really wow me. It reminds me of the other three neutral palettes that I already own. The colors aren't anything special other then the orange but everything else is easily dupeable and can be found in any decent neutral palette. I just wasn't impressed sadly. My favorite look I did with the palette I did yesterday and I used colors that could be found any any palette with the exception of a purple. So really, I see no reason to keep the palette when the money can be used for something else. 

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Thank you for this review.  I was considering this one and your feedback addressed my concern.

Best of luck with the laptop. :smileysad:

IttyxBittyxMe

No problem! I was really disappointed, but I supposed it's for the best that I don't keep it. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to exchange it or flat out return it.

Thank you! <3

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Oh, that's too bad! :smileysad: I am using Monarch this week. I played with it when I got it and I did enjoy it; but I love neutral palettes! :smileyhappy:  besides the color, did you have issues with it? I thought it was pretty blendable. I'd love to see looks you did and get "recipes"; always looking for ideas. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

You're right itty! It's not that great. 

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

I wasn't planning on buying new shadows but a wonderful friend attended IMATS NY and was able to purchase the new Sugarpill Sparkle Baby collection for me.

sparkle baby.jpg

Clockwise from top left: Kitten, Frostine, Hotsy Totsy, Candy Crush

person11

Lucky girl!  I've been waiting on those for so long!

myxducky

those colors looks gorgeous! I love how bold the bottom two look.

IttyxBittyxMe

I don't think words could fully express to you how jealous I am. 

ghkim

itty, i'm sure they must be releasing them soon!

IttyxBittyxMe

It's actually an old set from like a year or two ago, so I can hope, but I doubt it. ;_;

ghkim

hmm, i thought the word on the street was that they were releasing them this year. actually, word was that they were releasing them, along with the pro palette late last year, but i guess they had delays. well, i can't say i have any real knowledge about what sugarpill is up to, but if i ever see sparkle baby again, i'll be sure to pm you, itty. :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

Sorry, IttyxBittyxMe!  It was just luck on my part.

comfyrock

Last week was another crazy one at the office so random shadows were slapped on my lids, if at all.  Hopefully, the schedule will relax a bit in May.  I am excited to have some new pretties to play with!

Picked up UD Electric, Tokidoki Til Death Do Us Part, and four Makeup Geek singles in a TSB:

received_m_mid_1398386843826_d2054c2cf6d0292d25_0.jpeg

comfyrock

photo-2.JPG

This look was done with Sugarpill's Burning Heart, which I used the week of April 12th.  As usual, it was a bit tricky to use such bright colors for office looks but pairing them with neutrals worked well.  I love all three Sugarpill palettes.

mrsbaine

hi! I'm going to check in today too. I have a conference tomorrow, and while I am sure I'll be "multi tasking" I don't want whomever sits behind me to see me posting pics of eyes. :smileyhappy: 

Happy Easter to all who celebrate btw! 

This week I had Naked 1. this is new for me, I started with Naked 2 and never even considered 1. I loved it! I didn't get to take pics everyday, but what I have is below. It's a keeper for me! I think I'm actually going to TSB my Smashbox a Full Exposure Palette palette because this one is better. 

image.jpgimage.jpgthis week is the Chocolate Bar. It's brand new for me, not even looked at. I'm excited, I've seen lots of nice looks from that here. 

Have a wonderful week ladies! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 480 replies
  • 1086 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • nikki
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar
    • xxanastasiax
    • mafan