bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

[ Edited ]

My name is Bombshell and I continue to be an eyeshadow addict enthusiast !! However, five weeks ago I began a quest to actually start using my mountains and mountains of palettes and shadows. Along with some awesome ladies who have joined in I have committed to using the same palette 5 days in a row and posting the results at the end of five days. Those with single shadows are welcome to join in as well! 

If you are interested in the original rules & lists posted they can be found in off topic, (take the challenge: palette parade).  the gist of it is make a list, plan to show all your shadows love for extended period of time (5days), if you hate it first day move on. I am also planning to add weeks of singles by brand (Stila week, UD week, Nars week).  I think instead of posting and editing lists it would be easier to report what we plan to use at the beginning of the week and the report the results at the end. We meet here at the end of the week to discuss what we wore for the week, how it worked for us and most importantly to share pictures and advice! Anyone can join as we all started at different times and have different numbers of palettes, and will finish at different times. I am looking at 38 (?) more weeks if I don't buy one more palette! :smileywink: Xoxo I look forward to more fun parading with all you girls!

image.jpg

Palette Parade Princesses: CalamityJane85, Nikki, LadyMeag, Beethousand, AmberAngeline, MaFan, nurseCupcake, Carolang, Jenblush, Malday, Sparlekai, GHKim, IttyxBittyxMe, Katie241, SirenPrincess, Manniface.

nikki

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

Bombie and I will throw the best sleep overs!

bombshell30

True that Nikki! 

mafan

Let me know when you work it out. I'm coming over for a vacation!

bombshell30

Love you Nikki! You aren't addicted! You are an enthusiast!!! :smileyhappy:

mafan

[ Edited ]

Thanks for creating a new thread.  I was just thinking that we might want one that wasn't as long and wasn't lost on the Off Topic section, and then I found this!

Here's my list again:

Spoiler
1 Tarte Rising Star -- keep
2 Chanel Charming Eyeshadow Palette -- keep
3 Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons -- put in TSB
4 Bare Minerals The True Romantic (4) -- used once -- return
5 YSL Pure Chromatics #9 -- keep
6 Stila In The Know -- keep
7 Lancôme Kissed By Bronze -- keep
8 Clinique GWP -- olive in my martini/at dusk/peach pop/French vanilla -- put in TSB
9 Too Faced Boudoir Eyes -- keep
10 Estée Lauder GWP -- Sugar Cube/Tranquil Moon/Nocturnal Blue/Iridescent Violet/Amethyst Spark/Lavish Mink -- put in TSB
11 LORAC Pro to Go -- keep
12 LORAC Uptown Allure -- keep
13 Lancôme GWP -- Daylight/Kitten Heel/Gaze/Guest List -- keep for now
14 Laura Mercier Artists Palette (2013) -- love it -- keep
15 TheBalm NUDEtude -- keep
16 Lancome GWPs Latte/24 Karat/Guest List/Impress, Latte/Kitten Heel/Clock Strikes 12/Zip Me Up, Pink pearls/Designer/Exhibition/Lava, Daylight/Peep/Sparkle/Snap -- not sure about last one but keep them all for now
17 LORAC Downtown Drama, LORAC Little Lace Palette Ravish, LORAC Red Carpet Reveal Palette,LORAC Wild For Tantalizer
18 Clinique Party Favours
19 Estée Lauder Deluxe EyeShadow Palette (18; 2013)
20 Bare Minerals The Perfect Ten
21 Stila In the Moment
22 Urban Decay Feminine Palette
23 Tarte femme naturale
24 Tarte NeutralEYES
25 Urban Decay Glinda Palette
26 Lancôme Ruby Affair
27 LORAC Unzipped
28 Tarte Romancing The Glow
29 Sephora Vivid Mulberry
30 LORAC Femme Fatale
31 Bare Minerals The Next Big Thing (4)
32 Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette Magical
33 Bare Minerals The Happy Place (4)
34 Tarte Aqualillies
35 TheBalm Balm Jovi
36 Sephora Moonshadow baked palette In The Heat
37 Too Faced Natural Eye
38 LORAC Eye Candy
39 Estée Lauder Blockbuster (2013)
40 Stila Artful Eye Collection volume 2
41 Bare Minerals Light Show
42 Bare Minerals The Star Treatment (8)
43 Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette Delightful
44 LORAC Mint Collection
45 Bobbi Brown GWP -- Rome/Heather Mauve/Saddle/Mahogany
46 Sephora Burnished Cocoa
47 Stila Artful Eye Collection volume 1
48 Cargo Let's Meet in Paris

This past week I was working with Stila's In the Know.  I've had (and used it off and on) for a while, but all mattes gets a bit boring for me.  So I used it Monday-Wednesday, then we had snow Thursday.  Friday I used my much loved Stila French Riviera trio (kitten, grace and mahogany).  Yesterday I used a Bare Minerals High Shine eyecolor in Glisten -- and it is REALLY high shine. It felt like a bit much so I blended a bit of one of the matte browns from In the Know over it and it added some nice depth and cut the edge a bit.  (Today was more shoveling and if I put anything on it's only to play).

Next week should be interesting with a coordinated Bronze palette.  I'll see what I can do in a single color family like that since it's meant more for one look.

I'm going to have to add to my list.  Not only is there the NARS palette I forgot, but I got another YSL Pure Chromatics (with pink shades) and then yesterday found the Stila Masterpiece trio of palettes at Nordstrom Rack for $16 or $17.  And I got one of the Dancing with the Stars sets for $15-25% since it was on clearance.

Yes, I have a problem.  But they look like so much fun.  I might even bump one up because it might work for travel.  I need to pick one to try for that soon.

bombshell30

Ghkim & Beethousand both suggested it might be time to start a new thread. I figured why not? :smileyhappy: I like user friendly! Lol

carolang

I'm still going strong! Love this idea!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

That is awesome Carolong! Love those palettes girl!! :smileywink:

shortstuff07

Any suggestions on what to use next?

1005798_10152148399693991_1491407791_n.jpg

sparklekai

how about the vice palette and then i can live through you since i didn't get one?

nikki

Or the Creme Couture that you have made me want so much. I blame you, and only you. 

sparklekai

is that the one you're on the hunt for nikki?

nikki

Yes, I am pretty sure it's because I saw the back of it in Shortie's stash, and then decided that I needed it more than anything else in the world.

And it is sold out everywhere. I even checked websites in Dubai.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Ooooooo Shortstuff! You have wonderful taste in palettes!!! Go KVD!!! I miss mine terribly and can live vicariously through you!

Plantgarden

Excellent idea with the use of singles by brand.  And now since your original post, I have acquired 11 different palettes, enabler!!! :smileywink: 

I'll use my Tarte Coral Crush this week.  

nikki

I definitely want to do a singles parade when done with this.

Also, a lipstick parade. 

I think I'd do one a day though, and have weekends as cheat days.

ladymeag

A lipstick parade would be awesome - I have... uh, a lot of lipstick and would probably need a couple of months to get through a daily-with-weekend-cheat-days lipstick parade. It's also my plan in six months or so when I'm done with the palette parade. :smileytongue: 

bombshell30

It's ok to buy them as long as you show them love! Xoxo

ghkim

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here is my list:

i did naked basics last week: next up Ladybird

Spoiler
Cliffhanger - Bare Minerals 2/7/14 boring but good colors that i will keep and mix with singles
Grege - Dior 2/14/14 love this palette especially for neutral looks for work
Ilium - Chanel 2/26/14 love this one but i'm glad it was only 3 days with only a 4 pan palette
Ladybird - KvD  3/17/14 the only shade i really like here is the orange. everything else looks too warm on me except maybe the purple and the black. if i ever find another orange shade to replace this one, i'm going to tsb this palette
Lagons - Chanel 3/12/14 this was a tough one to for 3 days straight bc it's so blue, but i did it! i think i will reserve this one for nights where i can be more dramatic
Les Fumes - Guerlain
Les Gris - Guerlain 
Spoiler
Mac - custom made 15 shadow palette
Meet Matte - TheBalm 3/28/14 this was really easy to use, plenty of colors, i love this plaette
Naked1 - Urban Decay i took this one on vacay with me because i knew it was going to be so versatile and it was, i just wish there was one completely matte lid color; normally i would have taken 3-4 palettes on a trip but palette parade made me take only 1, which is wonderful for packing!
Prelude - Chanel
Pro - Lorac 3/21/14 this one was really easy to use, love it. i just worry that i will go through the cream color too soon
Z palette with a bunch of random shadows
#8 - Kevyn Aucoin
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
#6 - Giorgio Armani 3/4/14 this one was great to either dress up or down since it has a shimmer option
Silvered Topaz - Tom Ford
Golden Mink - Tom Ford
Spoiler
LM artist palette 2014 4/4/14
Naked Basics - Urban Decay very work appropriate but i am glad i am only spending 3 days with this one too because it is getting a little boring 3/7/14 i actually really like this one - great to travel with, great for work

ghkim

[ Edited ]
bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Thank you for doing that GHKim! I haven't yet learned how to do links that way! You are so thoughtful! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 480 replies
  • 1086 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • nikki
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar
    • xxanastasiax
    • mafan
    • bombshell30