loganberry718

Sweet 16 Makeup

Hi! My sweet 16 is this Saturday, and I'm having trouble deciding on an eye look. I am very tanned/olive complexion, dark hair, and almond shaped brown eyes. My dress is bright blue/aqua. I am going to be taking lots of pictures. The lighting in the restaurant is fairly dark. I also wont be doing very dark lips or cheeks but my lips do happen to be naturally darker/berry toned. I want my eyes to be the main focus but not very dramatic. I would love to make a look with my Naked by Urban Decay palette and I have several other eyeshadow colors available. Thanks so much! 

clarks18

Re: Sweet 16 Makeup

Happy Birthday!  I think everyone has given you great suggestions and ideas.  I wanted to add since it's a sweet 16 party a little glitter eyeliner would look great.  Just a little tocuh of it over your eyeliner or just in the inner corner.  You could even do a fun color like blue or gold since you're going to be wearing neutral shadows.  Have fun with your makeup, it's your party! 

loganberry718

That is such a good idea, thanks!

prosopon

Oooooooo, yes I agree!  That would look awesome and special, and you are definitely at the age where you could pull off glitter liner!

DeltaGammaGirl

From the naked palette I think that Sin on your lids and under your brow bone, half baked in your crease, and go over it with dark horse and fade it to the outer corner. with olive toned skin, these broze-brown tones will give you a glowing and gorgeous look!

loganberry718

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Happy sweet 16!!  Your dress sounds gorgeous :smileyhappy:  Since you have almond shaped eyes, I would suggest playing them up!  We have some great videos on SephoraTV & on our youtube channel.  Here are two that might work well for you:

Enjoy your birthday!!

xo, Mia

loganberry718

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the help!!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I did a quick search on you tube and found tons of looks.  One that may be the dramatic eye your looking for that looks more cool-toned to go with your dress is from makeupgeek "a classic Kardashian smokey eye." But, if thay is not to your liking, there are  many more looks.

loganberry718

(0) Hearts

Okay thanks! 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i think false lashes are fun if you want to draw attention to your eyes.

loganberry718

(0) Hearts

I am planning on wearing them, but I need help with choosing the colors of shadow from the naked palette

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • loganberry718
    • miabt
    • clarks18
    • DeltaGammaGirl
    • tashalicious