jenWho

Suggestions to transform natural look to nighttime without wearing too much eye makeup?

(0) Hearts

I've been told my entire life by others I don't need to wear makeup.  I have a natural glow/blush on my cheek bones and my complexion is almost always clear and even.  During work, I just wear neutral shades of eyeshadow with liner and a light powder just to polish my look and it looks great.

The problem is when I go out at night, I will wear heavier eye makeup and I just don't like how it looks.  Anything I put on during the day looks fine on me, I just can't find the right shades or technique for night.  I've tried going heavier using the shades I'd typically wear for work, but it doesn't stand out too much and I might as well not even wearing any.  If I use something more dramatic, it is too overbearing for my natural face.  Any suggestions as to which shades or technique will enhance my eyes but still keep my natural look? 

kenny

Re: Suggestions to transform natural look to nighttime without wearing too much eye makeup?

(0) Hearts

Which shades do you use for your heavier eye makeup? I usually find shades like black or gray can be unflattering since it can look too harsh. Definitely stick to browns. A medium brown/bronze all over, a matte medium brown in crease and a matte dark brown om outer corner, looks more dramatic for nightime without being "too much". And to help naturally enhance your eyes, you can smudge the matte medium brown along the lower lash line. Then just smudge a little liner on the top lash line and add mascara.

I agree with lolo01 that the TooFaced set would work well. Or you can try the Natural at Night palette.

swfupload_8582477327780547909.jpg

keelybt

Re: Suggestions to transform natural look to nighttime without wearing too much eye makeup?

(0) Hearts

Usually when I do that, I'll thicken the outer edge of my liner, add Dior Black Out (which  layers beautifully and gives a lovely pop for nighttime), and maybe apply a slightly deeper lip color.  It's not a glaring change but it definitely pumps it up for an evening look. An added plus is it only take a couple minutes :smileyhappy:

swfupload_2981314166415613999.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-black-out-mascara-P175208?skuId=987651

lolo01

(0) Hearts

or sure try the Too Faced Weekdays to Weekends palette this is perfect for looks without too much makeup. It works better with primer, comes with brush set and tight lining pen. 

l :smileyhappy:

too faced.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • lolo01
    • jenWho
Photos3
  • too faced.jpg