LadyInWhite

Still debating over buying UD's the Motherlode.

I just really can't decide if I should or not. 

On the one hand, I just started experimenting with eyeshadows, have a very small collection, know that I like Urban Decay's products, and have maybe five duplicates of the shades (mainly through my Naked palettes).  I've been wanting to play with more colors and have about 30 shades that I'd like to try.  Logically, buying the Motherlode on discount will save me money on just those shades alone, plus I get a bunch of other colors to play with.  (And the cost is not an issue.)

On the other hand, I don't know if I'll lose interest in trying different shades after the first 10 or 15 new shades.  I don't know if I'd wear them to work, or just stick with neutrals.  Not to mention the fact that I've heard from some co-workers that it takes six months to a year of constant use to finish off an eyeshadow, and if you multiple that by sixty eight . . . I'd have to leave them to someone in my will.  I hate to buy things that I'll use but probably won't finish.

I've been debating over this for the last two weeks and getting nowhere.  I almost hope the eyeshadows are sold out by the time I log on tomorrow, so I don't have to decide.

nowhere.png

roxystar4

Re: Still debating over buying UD's the Motherlode.

what about giving the colors you doing like as a gift? Like a cute little bag with a UD color, a candy cane or other candy and a little lip balm?  I would be SO excited to get that from a friend

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

FYI - I did decided to buy the Motherlode.  Now I'm just hoping that my order comes through, given that it's been "sent to the warehouse" since 1 am PST.

Missie772

I say that you should do it!! Especially with 20% off- that is a GREAT deal!!

orkira

I say go for it.  Whatever you don't like you could always giveaway to friends or family as presents.  :smileyhappy:

Tayvm

There was a gal on a swap board that bought it and was selling off the colours she didn't want.  She charged $11 each. 

shortstuff07

If you don't want the 4 pan empty palette included, I would readily take it off your hands.  :smileywink:

AznAngelLiz

I think if you want it, get it...you only live once! You can always buy extra 4-pan palettes, fill them with the colors you don't use and gift them to others. 

How quickly you go through them depends on the individual shadow. I've used some Mac shadows up in as little as 2 mos because I use it everyday and I use quite a bit to build up the color, others have taken me a year to go through. 

Do post pictures if you decide to get it. I have too many individual shadows and palettes to justify buying it. Although, if someone were to give it to me for Christmas or my birthday, I sure wouldn't mind :smileytongue:

VTK084

Urban Decay is amazing.  I am buying the 24/7 vault.  I didn't buy it before and regretted it.  As for the Mother Lode, I thought about it, but am buying VIce2 instead.  Naked 3 is coming out soon too.  I just don't want to be tied down to one brand of shadows when the next one comes out (Lorac Pro is great).  

But I always go back to UD's eyeliners so I don't feel tied down with it.

I say do a split if you can.  It is cheaper though.  As long as you aren't like me and going to feel bad like "I can't buy x palette" because I have so many eyeshadows.  It is a trade off.  

eldar15

I bought the Mother Lode and love it so far. My eyeshadow collection was small and I was considering buying a few palettes like Vice 2, Ammo and a few others to add more color to my collection. So this comes out and solves that problem because it is cheaper in the long run. There are some shadows that are very bold such as Woodstock (hot pink) that I thought I wouldn't use but I've used it as an accent color. As others have said below you can always give duplicates and ones you don't like as gifts. I have the Naked 2 palette and am thinking about doing that. 

lilyyy

If money is not an issue, I would DEFINITELY get it. For the shades that you don't like, you'd be set with on-hand presents for years.

knadala

Maybe you could find someone to split the purchase with so you can commit to a smaller cost and amount but have some variety. I've gone halfsies with a girlfriend before and it worked out well for me :smileyhappy:

melde

[ Edited ]

You can bequeath it to us!

If I could, I would totally purchase it.

Will you regret it when it is gone??

(ps great comic - love xkcd!)

Esdee

I'm dying over that set myself.  A part of me wants to wait until January, because that'd be a *great* way to get closer to qualifying for Rouge again, but I know the chances are good that it'll be sold out before then.  I'm also pretty sure I'd never use the entire thing, especially with as much eyeshadow as I currently have.

ghkim

is there someone you could split it with? if you are only going to use 10-15 of the shadows, then skip it. as for not being able to use them up in the course of a lifetime, i hear what you're saying. i have way too much makeup as it stands yet still continue to purchase more. if you are only using makeup on yourself (ie, you are not doing other people's makeup), then i would say it's prob better to just buy individual shadows or keep the door open to exploring other brands. buying this motherlode all for myself would make me feel guilty about ever buying eyeshadow again, and that is not something i'm willing to do. if, however, you have friends you can split this with or if you can see yourself becoming a makeup artist, then this might be worth it. it is a great deal, especially with the 20% discount.

veronika23

I think it's a really good buy especially with 20% off.  Do the math :smileywink:

IttyxBittyxMe

Well look at it this way, the colors that you don't like, or find that you know you'll never use, you can always sell on ebay, store envy, amazon, or just have a blog sale.

IttyxBittyxMe

Also, if there are shades that you know you'll never use just looking at them online, then do a split with someone. I know you said cost is not an issue, but it'll make it cheaper for you and someone else gets what you don't want and you don't have to worry about not using them.

nebel

If you can afford it, I think it is a great buy.  I think the formula is great.  Many shades are just accent shades, and it is fabulous to have a full artist's palette.  I have way more eyeshadow than I could ever use, but that doesn't bother me.  they are SO PRETTY :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • lilyyy
    • roxystar4
    • veronika23
    • Missie772
    • AznAngelLiz
    • nebel