roxystar4

Stila In The Know Vs. Naked Basics

I'm looking at two matte options right now (I have a gift card) - Stila In The Know Vs. Naked Basics.

s1440296-main-Lhero.jpgs1458157-main-Lhero.jpg

Which do you think is better?  Anyone own both? 

roxystar4

Re: Stila In The Know Vs. Naked Basics

(0) Hearts

Thanks! im excited to get it in the mail! I liked all the options

oklady2013

I swatched both of these as I didn't have any product from either brand.  I found the In the Know palette to be more pigmented 7 felt softer when applied, so bought it. You can do an incredible number of looks with the In the Know palette. I'm fair skin with light eyes & every color in this palette works for me. I use a light hand with some of the deeper colors but they still work. I love the orange "Fire" color. It really makes my eyes pop.

poshified

Good choice with In the Know! :smileyhappy: I owned the Basics palette and disliked it. The colors were bland. Foxy and WOS looked -- more or less -- the same when they go on the eyes. Faint and Crave were difficult to blend. Naked2, however, was superb, but that color alone made the palette not worth keeping.

LindaDD

I don't own either, so my response isn't going to be very helpful. But, I've been very patiently squirreling away my points at Birchbox so that I can pick up In the Know for the holidays (I'm just obsessed with that orange), whereas I've pretty much forgotten about Naked/1/2/Basics since seeing them. 

And this may just be a stock issue, but In the Know is always sold out at every SiJCP I've been to and a couple of full size Sephoras, so it seems to be mighty popular.

snowshoe

Get In the Know.  I had Naked Basics:   the first two shades come out very chalky, and Crave is too dark.  

roxystar4

I ended up picking up the stila in the know. :smileyhappy: but the naked basics is still on my list.

lyravega

You're gonna love it! As for me - that's my favorite all matte palette! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Lyravega, I'm happy with my choice. Is the dark brown in the bottom left really dark Once on? Have u checked out the stila sale section? Ahhhmazing

lyravega

Ohhh noooo! I haven't... and I'm not sure I should :smileyvery-happy: I just had a major makeup shopping spree so I put myself on mandatory no buy till Thanksgiving... or so... :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Lyravega, never mind, the sale isn't very good. There will be better deals after thanksgiving :smileyhappy: ( me trying to be supportive of your no buy)

lyravega

LOL!!!! Thanks, Roxystar4, that is so very nice of you :smileyvery-happy: I think I'll just have to avoid anything and everything makeup for a while... :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

Lyra, being part of BT enables me. I find out about products from other girls ( their HG's) and end up buying them. Stay strong!!  I should be on a no-buy.

lyravega

That is so true! Same here :smileyhappy: Ladies here are constantly giving me some very naughty ideas... Tsk tsk tsk... It is all their fault! Not mine! :smileyvery-happy:

thesupergirl

I own naked basics and I love it, but looking at the stila palette you could do more looks with it than naked basics.

rainbowveins084

I want both!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Me too :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

I only have the Naked Basics but I've used it every single day since I got it 6 months ago. I recommend it to anyone who asks.

But from looking at the two palettes, the Stila one looks more versatile. The "fire" burnt orange color in the Stila palette looks AMAZING.

aviscardi

If i had to pick i would go with stila, a lot more colors and options. that burnt orange is my favorite

lyravega

I have Stila In The Know and I absolutely love it! Colors are beautiful, pigmented and they blend very easily . They are long wearing and don't crease on me ( of course, I use primer ). I love my UD Naked 1 and 2, but this UD matte palette just looks blah to me, with only 6 colors that are nothing special, so I never even considered buying it. I don't doubt the UD quality is there, but I wouldn't pick it over Stila In The Know. But that's just me :smileyhappy:

I agree with Bratknits - I, too, think that Stila does better matte shadows than UD!

bratknits

I have both, the Stila is more versatile.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • lyravega
    • aviscardi
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • Kiki1517