Koofa

So I finally bought my Dipbrow today and..

[ Edited ]

I'm so sad, I just returned 2 things today like right AFTER I bought them in the store (yes, TODAY), I can't take this back now. Maybe I put it on too heavy, after all I don't have an eyebrow brush yet. Had to use an angled eyeliner until my Anastasia one comes because it's sold out here.

annekevdb

Re: So I finally bought my Dipbrow today and..

(0) Hearts

I just got some this weekend and agree that you have to use a very light hand. I dab my brush it in, swipe it on my hand two or three times, then do my brows. The little jar seems like it is going to last forever.

PrettyRickki3

I went in store to buy mine and I was set on the chocolate shade. Auburn actually ended up being perfect for me and the SA who did my brows did a great job! I would have never picked such a lighter shade on my own but I would certainly recommend buying in person if possible and testing colors. My hair is now a very medium brown shade, fyi.

BeautyJunkie325

You only need a little bit if the product the first time I put it on was too heavy handed and looked like like an evil villain. After a few times and following kiki1517's tips it is looking so much better. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

LOL at the evil villian comment! That's how I feel about many eyebrow powders / pencils. I'd love to use one consistently, but I (apparently) have really difficult to match eyebrows. Most look way too dark, and the ones that are too light aren't effective. I use Laura Mercier Blonde (I'm not blond), but it's a bit too warm for my light to medium, ashy eyebrows. Sigh. 

talinder

(0) Hearts

I got the LE MAC brow fluidline last year and tried applying it with the 208 brush. I clearly do not have the skill to make it look natural. Nor do I have the time in the morning. LOL. Everyone raving about the Dipbrow now I wish I could get it.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

An SA at Sephora tried Dipbrow on me and I think it's just ok. It feels like I was applying gel liner on my eyebrow which makes me wonder how is it different than a gel liner :s

ljp93

I recently just purchased the dipbrow in dark brown and when I first put it on I was horrified! My brows looked my grandmothers right after she tattoo'ed them on! I tried again the following day and did it right! I love it now! I was so used to using powder so this was a major change! I am a fan though :smileyhappy:

dollface131313

i will add to this i love the dip brown but i was used to my powder so i may have jammed the brush right in there first go and had a woahhhh buddy moment at my scary black looking eye brows . cut to a few minutes and a makeup wipe late i tried it again and used a light touch dipping it in the building it up on my brow if that makes sense lol 

also for those who want to try it but haven't i would recommend trying on the colors in person and if you can't go with a lighter shade . i thought chocolate would be to light but its darker then i expected which goes well with my brows 

Titian06

I'm waiting for the Taupe to come out this fall.  I have to draw on my eyebrows.  Thankfully, they look infinitely better than the girl in @lovinglondon's picture; but they'll never look as good at @kiki1517's!

I did notice when I was testing the colors at Sephora how light and "fluffy" the DipBrow is.  My first thought was that it was going to be a challenge learning how to use it after all these years of using the Anastasia Brow Pen and Duo Powder.  I do not use a light hand with these products!

Kiki1517

If you literally have to draw yours on, topping Dipbrow off with the ABH powder helps. I did my friend's makeup the other day and she barely has brows, so I had to draw them on partially. The powder made it look a lot more natural I think.1601082_642021955832955_1472330595_n.jpg

lovinglondon

You completely transformed her face in a  way that is so natural and complementary. Great job! 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Thank you :smileyvery-happy:

marydiva

Kiki that looks is SO gorgeous! 

Kiki1517

Thanks Mary!

dianabt

that is a GORGEOUS makeup look you did Kiki1517! I love the gold and purple combo I'll have to try that! What did you use for the gold? 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Kiki1517

Thanks Diana :smileyvery-happy: Our husband's play soccer together on Friday nights so I brought my kit along to play on her face. My husband was so embarrassed but I was able to hand out some cards that way too lol.

I used MAC Gold glitter from the Nocturnals set:

upload_632897176735400549.jpgThe purple is UD, I don't know what color though, I depotted and didn't write the names down :/

LariTheLoud

I've been so interested in trying dip brow, but I'm stumped about which color to buy... Auburn, Chocolate, or wait for Soft Brown to be released? Sigh.

I guess this is a product with a learning curve, huh?

Koofa

If you're not experienced in brow powders & stuff, my guess would be yes haha. I went to Sephora a few weeks ago and a girl tried it on me so that's how I chose the color I got, you could always have someone test it out on you in the store!

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

You have to BARELY touch the product and then I still dab it in the lid to make sure I don't have any excess. I use a MAC 266 to apply.

Just in case you haven't seen me pushing this product enough hahaha!

love2shop42

You really should have your own blog, or YouTube tutorial! Love your makeup application.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 146 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • marydiva
    • dianabt