Ash222

Smudgy Eyeliner

(0) Hearts

I was recommended UrbanDecay's 24/7 eyeliner for the best smudgeproof liner. After wearing it for about an hour, I look like I've got a black eye because it smudges and leaves lines on my eyelids. Other people say that it is the best, but I seem to be having no luck. Suggestions/Comments?

poemelyric

Re: Smudgy Eyeliner

(0) Hearts

I use the NARS eyeshadow base or Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Both work very well for me.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

You can try using a brush and smudge the color out or try ud liquid liner .

garnett

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have deep set eyes and that means I have had issues with eye makeup smudging and getting messy.  I have found certain techniques very helpful.

I  am a big fan of UD 24/7 eyeliners. Still, I find that eyeliner can move or smudge for a couple of reasons.  I don't know if anyone else has this problem but if I put eyeliner on and then use my eyelash curler, the curler actually removes some of the liner and then I have to go back over it.  Now I curl my lashes first. 

I agree that eye makeup primer helps.  I do like the UD Potion Primer but I prefer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I use a small brush to apply some primer to my lower lid.  After I apply the primer I put on my eyeshadow and then liner. I use a little bit of neutral eye shadow on my lower lid before I apply the liner to give it something to adhere to.

After I apply my eyeliner, I wait about 20 seconds and then go over it with an angled eyeliner brush to smooth and soften the line. If the liner is too thick on the eye  it becomes prone to smudging.  Using the  brush  improves the appearance of the liner and  helps it to dry and set up. 

I hope some of this is helpful to you.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I love UD 24/7 eyeliner and have over 30 of them, but I know what you are talking about.  If I don't have eyeshadow on my top eyelid, the liner will transfer, even if I used primer underneath.  I've taken to using a matte skin toned E/S when I want it to look like I just have liner.

I also have the same problem when I try to line below my lashline of my bottom lashes...it goes into the crease and the tiny lines there.  I've never used primer on my lower lid, perhaps I need to, it just always seemed weird to do.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

Did you try using primer before you applies the eyeliner?  That could help...

Ash222

(0) Hearts

Do you have any suggested brands or types?

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I think that Too Faced Shadow Insurance is better than Urban Decay Primer Potion...I love it.  It dries clear.  Come to think of it (refer to my other comment) I think when I use primer under an eyeliner, I don't put it on my whole lid.  Maybe I need to, and the primer will prevent the lid from "picking up" the liner from where it's supposed to be.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • carrierose
    • garnett
    • mkupgk
    • Ash222