TTSS

Smashbox photo op eyeshadow palette or Lorac Ooh la la baked eyeshadow palette

(0) Hearts

Even if I already have tons of eyeshadows, I am thinking to gift myself another eyeshadow palette and am undecided between the Smashbox's Blue and Brown eyes palettes (I already have the one for Hazel Eyes : ) ) and the Lorac Ooh lala baked palette. 

For reference, I have medium skin with yellow under tones, and brown/gold/light green hazel eyes (dark outer rims!) and black hair.

Any suggestions? 

projulianna

Re: Smashbox photo op eyeshadow palette or Lorac Ooh la la baked eyeshadow palette

(0) Hearts

Hi TTSS,

I love the Smashbox Palettes, the Hazel Eyes is one of my personal favorites! With that said, why not try something new this time around? The eyeshadows in the Lorac Ooh La Lace palette are creamy and smooth in texture and blend effortlessly. This particular palette is great becuase it can take you from day to night!

Best,

<3 Julianna

elea33

Re: Smashbox photo op eyeshadow palette or Lorac Ooh la la baked eyeshadow palette

(0) Hearts

The Smashbox Photo Op for Hazel Eyes has been on my Shopping List for months. I swatched it in store but haven’t purchased it after reading reviews. Some people commented about the shades being chalky or hard to blend. What have your experiences been?

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

sherala

This does not exactly answer your question, but you sound so much like me that I would like to ask you a question?  I have several different eyemakeup palettes in addition to a lot of loose BE eyeshadows and other brands also.  With so much, how do you decide what to wear?  Do you mix brands?  How do you organize them?  Also,  the same question for blush and lipstick. I hate to throw anything out,  I have some MAC palettes and single eyeshadows that nust be at least 10 years old.  Those I will probably throw out.  I also have over 100 lipsticks and glosses.  How do you organize them and decide what to wear.  I spend hours obsessing over this which is not very productive.  Any help or suggestions that you or anyone else could give me would be greatly appreciated.  I have all night to play with them.  Thanks so much.

Sherala

TTSS

(0) Hearts

:smileyvery-happy: Good to know that we re not alone in our "addiction" :smileyhappy:

I actually go by brand: I usually don't mix my smashbox with the UD, with the Too Faced etc. Unless it is a color that I love andthat looks really good on me: for example the golden hues of both UD (HalfBaked) and Smashbox (any of the their golds). Iusually keep only 5 eyeshadow palettes and half a dozen or so of each of the other products (lip glosses, lipsticks and blushes).The which one is out really depends on the season and my "color" mode (some times I go more through neutrals and others I ammore into smokey eyes or colorful makeup, etc.). But I have started throwing away stuff more regularly, not only things that are oldbut also when I start hitting the pan (I am quite proud of having hit the pan in so many different items recently! I kind of "justify"future buys :smileywink: ). And I do "regular" reviews of my stash: my almost 2 year old daughter loves to play with the perfume samples andthe colorful stuff, so we sit together and just go through everything: so I have always a fresh memory of what I have and if anything strikes my fancy it gets moved to the everyday stash. 

Last but not least, I haev my to-go-to list of lipstick (a great looking red, a darker burgundy red and a plain jane pink), gloss (plumer, pinkish, coral and reddish) and the naked palette always at the ready, so I am never short of "something to throw on" no matter how I am dressed or where I am going.

blondeglam

(0) Hearts

Okay I admit it. I am a mogul when it comes to eyeshadows. I mix and match brands all the time. I have green eyes and find I can wear most any color eye shadow. I don't match my clothes or my eye color. I do tend to love the metallics and glimmer colors though. I have several of Sephoras makeup totes to seperate everything in. But I would never keep anything for ten years (sorry sherala, they need to go).

TTSS

(0) Hearts

LOL! Sorry ...Iidn't want to fuel other's addiction (and I feel all the way for you. I have the same issue: many untouched palettes at home, but I simply can't resist some of the beautiful shades out there). And BTW, the smashbox for blue eyes looks really great when U see it (it is almost like a UD naked, but with less shimmer and fall-out (and of course only 6 shades :smileyvery-happy: but larger amount of eyeshadow per pan )

No matter which one I will end up buying this turn, the other two will be in my "to buy in 2012" list :smileyhappy:

TTSS

(0) Hearts

meant "Ooh La Lace"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • TTSS
    • elea33
    • blondeglam
    • triciaann12