aviscardi

Smashbox high definition concealer

(0) Hearts

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ? Last concealer I tried was Mac Pro long wear which creased on me.  Before that which I love is nars radiant creamy concealer which creases very little 

lylysa

Re: Smashbox high definition concealer

(0) Hearts

I really like it, it's a light weight liquid that's also multi-purpose, so it works for under the eyes, blemishes, redness, and discoloration. I haven't found the shimmer/illuminating quality of it to be too big of a factor to where it would be an issue just using it as a basic concealer as opposed to strictly an undereye or targetting concealer.

The coverage I find is buildable, so it can work with the different degrees and levels of issues you're trying to tackle. Some times, concealers that are too dense in formulation when you're trying to do a basic/minimalistic look is just too tell-tale and some times, concealers that are too thin just end up doing nothing when you're going for a fuller coverage look. The Smashbox one is very flexible and can be worked into the full spectrum of looks you're trying to achieve.

aviscardi

Do you use it mostly under eyes or on your face? 

im just not sure how it will mesh with my eye cream and under eye primer. one is reflective and the other has fine shimmer

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I use it for both honestly, on occasion I will put a highlighter or illuminizer on top if it's under my eyes, but I haven't had an issue with settling or caking over eye creams/primers and I've run the gamut of lots of different eye creams and primers.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Ok just picked up a sample of fair/light . I like the color and cvg but am not sure how il like it since it has shimmer in it

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I'm looking up swatches for fair/light and light 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

That's a good way to test them out! I feel like a lot of their concealers are more beige and yellow toned. I hope it works well for you:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I saw that too.  I tend to go for yellow toned ones and then brightener on top 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Aviscardi,

In my opinion, it does have a good coverage! The consistency isn't too thick and it doesn't settle into any fine lines. It goes on pretty smoothly:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I may have to get a sample. I feel like I tried to test it in store but I don't remember if they had testers out 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • lylysa