Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Should I buy it?

I'm thinking of buying the Modern Renaissance palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I've heard some really good things about it but is it really worth buying?

Re: Should I buy it?

I would have to agree with my fellow commenters on this one; the ABH Modern Renaissance palette is wonderful. I'm a makeup artist and collector, and have therefore tried quite a few different eyeshadow brands over the years, and ABH are some of my favourites. The palette is extremely pigmented, and comes with a nice range of shades in the burnt orange/burgundy kind of family. If you are a fan of these kind of colours, or are interested in trying them out, I think that this palette is a good buy, personally. The only two cons that I have come across using it are the packaging (because it tends to get dirty quite quickly, similarly to NARS), and the amount of kick-up at the shadows have (but because they are so soft, buttery and blend-able I can easily look passed this). I hope that this helps! 🙂

Yes

I was on the fence about it for a while but finally bit the bullet and bought it last month. I am still getting used to working with the palette because the red berry shades are new to me. All the youtube tutorials are definitely helping with that haha. There are also beautiful neutrals in there so you can do a variety of looks.Formula-wise I have to say it is fantastic! They blend very well and are so pigmented. I do think it is worth the money. 

@vkelly5285 I personally love it because of the color selection and the quality of the shadows. I love warm tones and the burgundy trend, but if you aren't into reds and oranges, this wouldn't be a palette for you.

I think this palette is very versatile for many skin tones and would make a lot of "island" lists (as in if you could only take 1 eyeshadow palette with you). It is very pretty and you can get a lot of looks out of it. I recommend watching some YouTube videos and watch tutorials to see swatches/looks done with the palette to help you make up your mind as I find this helpful for me 🙂

Alright thanks!! I'm just hoping it's not out of stock lol

They also carry this palette in store if you're unable to find it online. It's not LE so they should restock eventually.

Anonymous Insider

my sister has it & i've borrowed it many times. i love it! the shadows are insanely pigmented and blendable and ugh, just so amazing. the shade range is everything, you can get natural looks or super glam! i totally recommend it!(:

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing