Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Searching for a new makeup palette

I realized that the last time I purchased any new eye palettes was almost two years ago and my oldest one being 3 years old (TF original Chocolate Bar palette). That explains why I am a little bored with what i have. My current collection is the TF chocolate bar, semi sweet and born bon palettes as well as the TF sugar pop palette and the Tarte Aqualillies (my absolute favorite palette) palette. I am incredibly fair (I wear TF Born This Way in Snow) with blue eyes and light brown hair. I don't know if it is the age of my palettes but the TF chocolate bar palettes seem to be harder to blend than they used to, unless that is my imagination. I am uninspired by a lot of the palettes out right now but the two I am eyeing are the TF sweet peach and the Tarte tartlette in bloom. I am looking for something that will create a nice daytime look but can go a little darker for nighttime if needed. It seems lately that all my looks turn out darker, but that could just be me getting carried away trying to use a lot of shades. I am curious to try more Tarte eye products as I love the Aqualillies palette and it is my only experience with Tarte eye products. Does anyone know if they have a new eye palettes coming out soon? What do you think of the two palettes I am eyeing?Are they good options or should I stear clear? I forgot to mention, I have cool undertones if that helps. Thanks!

Re: Searching for a new makeup palette

Nars loaded is amwazing 🙂

Thanks so much everyone! I still want to see the palette in person, but I am seriously thinking that tartlette in bloom will be my next palette! I've done a bit of damage at Ulta and Sephora over the last month or two (thanks 21 days of beauty and VIB sale😁) so I will see if I can convince hubby I need more makeup! sydtomato, I wasn't aware of the new TF palette, so thanks for the heads up! I love the color "spoiled", but know I won't be getting this palette. I feel like TF eye palettes are getting a little too cute, almost juvenile, but that is just my opinion. Does anyone feel that way? I still love a lot of their stuff though.

I have both palettes and would suggest the Tartlette in Bloom. It's just beautiful and you can get a lot of looks from the colors included! It will take you from daytime to night easily. The Sweet Peach Palette is pretty, but I really don't reach for it.

Hi @mrsw09,

I third the Tartelette in Bloom recommendation! I recently received the palette and I'm really in love it. The shadows are blendable and there's a nice amount of matte shades in the palette. I love my glittery eyeshadows, but this really helped me get used to using mattes more. 

You may also like Viseart EyeShadow Palette Petit PRO. It is a smaller in size palette, but I think that the colors are gorgeous and I've heard they have great payoff. It does come from Viseart afterall. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

I second the tartelette in bloom.  Has everything you need for simple daytime to more dramatic looks and they are all very wearable imo.  I really love mine, the packaging is sturdy, I think pigmentation and blending is awesome and it doesn't kick up a ton of powder so you don't go through it fast like the Anastasia ones. I don't have the sweet peach but I feel like it is far too overhyped and too close to the other palettes they have when you actually look at the shades.  I also love how its not all warm tone and not all cool tone its very versatile.  

As for new palettes, I only know of the new TF clover palette coming in September and the Kandee Johnson collab also in september, both of which are extremely boring and redundant from what I see.  Nothing really worth waiting for, the shades are the same recycled boring neutrals, no inspiration, just some cute packaging.  

I have both the sweet peach and tartette in bloom. Sweet peach really isn't very peachy. Its just a nice display piece. The in bloom sounds like the perfect addition, esp since your collection is on the smaller side. This is a great stand-alone palette. You can create natural and more dramatic looks. I think you will really enjoy it. 

I always recommend the stila eyes are the window palette in soul becasue it is my favorite palette of all time, it is the only palette it travel with. I never run out of looks and the shadows are a dream to blend. I suggest you look into this. Both palettes are great and it just comes down to what colors you prefer. I suggest looking up tutorials for looks you can get from both. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing