aviscardi

Products you regret buying?

For me its the UD vice palette. Its gorgeous and i love the colors but i don't reach for it, i should have just waited on the singles to come out. ive used it maybe 2-3xs but it was so long ago that its too late to return it.       Whats your regretted purchase?

placaminero

Re: Products you regret buying?

(0) Hearts

This post makes me sad! I loved my Vice palette.. Until I dropped it  on the edge of the bathtub, effectively causing half the shadows to shatter and the rest to be ruined by the milk bath that was draining.

But I will say how much I dislike the NARS Orgasm Lip Gloss. I originally liked it.. In doses. At first I thought it was okay as a softer lip to be worn with a more dramatic eye for a night out. But then I realized just how shimmery it really is, on top of the fact that it sort of makes my lips tingle for a while and then makes them a bit numb. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Oh no!!! I actually just gifted mine away last week

Ive never tried nars glosses. while i like some of the colors--minus the sparkle i didn't like the smell

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Stila lip glaze.  There so so sticky ;(

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

They are, and super tacky. i tossed it, so gross

Fabz

(0) Hearts

I purchased the Burts Bees facial wipes and let me tell you...it did absolutely nothing. I totally regret buying them but I thought that since they were on sale I'd give them a try. I guess there was a reason they were on sale though >.>. I also regret purchasing the Telescopic mascara, I believe it's from Loreal. I had heard so much hype about this product and it just sucked for me. Did nothing but smudge. 

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

*Tarte's TrueBlood Palette. I believe everyone when they say they reforumalated the eyeshadows. The pigment was horrible and there was A LOT of fall out which is sad when your already using an eye primer. 

*OCC Lip tar set. Yes it had really good pigment but not even putting the most hydrating lip balm treatment kept it from drying out my lips and making them feel nasty/chalky.

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

awww sorry you didn't like the lip tars. If you still have them and want to do something with them maybe try adding just a drop or less to different lipglosses or lipstick colors to change the color. Of course with the lipgloss mix it on your hand or on something first before applying so you don't ruin your actual lipgloss. 

emmaclaire

Make Up For Ever Duo Mat.  I got suckered in by all the promises and hype and it's just awful on me.  It's too dark, makes me oily, and cakes up if I try to put it on more than once per day.

Like other people in this thread, I kept making excuses for it (which totally makes no sense - I didn't make it, I have no ties to it, I should have moved on) like it was summer or I was using a new face wash until it was too late to return.

onomotopoeia9

ud book of eyeshadows 3 - I should have just bought singles of the ones I like...Or maybe I just regret it because at this point I am am wishing that I held off and waited for the the oz ones

also the benefit their real mascara. I got it because of all the hype but I hate how even when it dries, If you rub your eye the mascara on all the lashes sticks together and my eyelashes are like two black clumps. I don't use it at all, but I felt bad returning it because I used it twice.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

The Tarte True Blood palette was my biggest regret.  I can't use a lot of the colors in it and the mascara was dried out when I got it.  Since I was just trying out Tarte, I didn't mind it but now it just sits there unused.  I think I paid over $40 for it...

MadisonComplex

(0) Hearts

Benefit's They're Real Mascara... I heard sooo much hype about this product, and I liked it, but my bottle dried out after two weeks! So not worth $23 in my opinion. I also found that it was nothing my L'oreal mascara couldn't do.

Spyski

What L'Oreal mascara are you using in compare?

Instead of "plumping" the wand back in and out of the tube to accumulate product, try twisting it instead. The more you plump your wand in and out of the tube the more oxygen that gets in the tube making it dry up more quickly. 

MadisonComplex

L'oreal Telescopic. Gold tube. And I already twist. I guess it must have been a defective tube, which I did take back. Maybe I'll try it again, I was just really disappointed!

aviscardi

That's what I use, did you take it back ? Sounds like a defective tube, I've gone through quite a few and they weren't dried 

Daniela1387

Products I regret buying...

• Urban Decay Naked2: I know lots of people loveeee this palette but I found that I needed more matte eyeshadow options in my go-to eyeshadow palette so I returned this and got myself the Lorac Pro Palette and I'm superrrr excited to start playing with it =)!!!
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15: tasted gross!! Didn't make my lips feel nourished or soft. Totally returned this and got myself some more of my Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve cuz its amazing 
  • Urban Decay Grind House: this sharpener murdered my Urban decay eyeliner pencils =(. Would notttt sharpen my eyeliner to a point at allll. Returned and funny enough I got the sephora sharpener instead that was wayyy cheaper and does a much better job for my pencils =)
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar: this one was by far one of my biggest regrets to date. Dont get me wrong loveee the concept, color pigment and allll that good stuff however it dried out on my lips and more specifically dried out on the corners of my mouth and where my lips touch making me look like a rabid animal so gross TOTALLY NOT FOR ME!
  • Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil: this went on matte as it should but then it went disappeared after about 2 hours on having it on with nooo eating or drinking and left the outline of the color around my lips. I looked like a scary clown for 4 hours at school =(
  • Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum: OOO this was one was horrible but totally my fault. So in the winter I got a little dry I have combo skin so it wasnt like my face was flaking off or anything just a little drier than usual well a SA recommended this and boy did it break me out! Its just tooooo rich for someone with my skin type. 
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER Lip Line Perfector: Love it but after about 3 or 4 uses needed to be sharpened and then it happened again. I'm not looking to spend $19 every other month for this product no thank youuu
AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

LOL @ "making me look like a rabid animal". I know EXACTLY what you mean!! 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Did you buy the new or old ud sharpener .?   That's my favorite. I even gave my extra to a friend.  It shouldn't eat the pencil up unless you were pressing too hard 

I liked the fresh balm but not enough to purchase it at that price either. 

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure if I got the new or old one the one I got was square purple with the top that comes off to dispose of the shavings. I don't think I was pressing too hard because they let try it out on a tester in the store when I brought it back and it did the same thing. The SA just gave me a bored look and said yeaaaa I don't know and walked away. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Hmm idk. Very strange.  I've never had it destroy any pencils and I've used stila, Mac, Milani and ud with it :/

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I think for me, it isn't any one thing as much as the bulk of things that I have. While I love most of my things individually, I don't need 13 red lipsticks or 100 shades of blush -- realistically, I don't wear red lipstick enough to own more than one or two, and it takes me so long to use a blush compact that I will never (actually never) be able to use the ones that I have!

It's the same for eyeshadow, too -- I love eyeshadow, but I don't need two UD palettes and about 30 miscellaneous singles...I wear them, but I'm not a makeup artist and I can't really justify having as many things as I do. :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • emmaclaire