aviscardi

Products you regret buying?

For me its the UD vice palette. Its gorgeous and i love the colors but i don't reach for it, i should have just waited on the singles to come out. ive used it maybe 2-3xs but it was so long ago that its too late to return it.       Whats your regretted purchase?

quenbee

Re: Products you regret buying?

I agree, while I like pretty much everything I've bought,  I've bought way too much.  Every time a UD or Too Faced Palette came out I just had to have.I will probably never hit pan on any of them. So sad!  And then there are all the individual items - I am a little embarrassed at all the lippies, blush and single eye shadows I own.  In an attempt to find the perfect color lipgloss/stick, I would end up buying practically every one I came across.  The same with blush and eyeshadow.  And like you said really how many red lipsticks does one person need.  I only wear red once in a blue moon, yet I have at least 5 of them!!!!!!!!   

I do have to say, my biggest regret was buying the Pantone color of the year lip gloss set last year.  I DO NOT look good in orange lips!  

prosopon

I am with you on the Pantone color of the year orange lip glosses.  I went for the trend and it was a total fail for my skin tone. I don't know what I was thinking! 

quenbee

I learned my lesson and decided to forgo the "color of the year" this year!  I  can't  picture myself walking out of the house with green lips!  

katie1724

I know exactly what you mean! I will never use that much red lipstick...let alone all those blush shades. Yet every time a fun new thing comes out, I think "...but it's different; I have to have that!" I'm trying to be better, but we all know how that goes :smileytongue:

aviscardi

I agree with you on the reds.  I have 3 and I mostly wear pinks and purples.  Red to work infrequently, more so if I'm going out after and even then it's probably more in the winter

have you tried rotating your items ?  I switch out every season to make sure I'm getting full use.  So I have a lot of options at once like my blush 

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I have tried rotating them -- it's a great idea, but sometimes I just get lazy and forget! I need to do that this weekend, maybe. I know what you mean about reds, too -- I can count on my one hand (possibly two) the number of times I have worn red lipstick this year (a wedding and a few times I went out). :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Yup. I was first using one blush a week but got bored fast. So now I just have a certain amount set aside for ea season and that works well for me.  

Same here. And I really love wearing red lips but for some reason I feel very primped up, idk how to describe it lol.  Because I wear orange and bright pinks and purples to work all the time 

mkupgk

naked basics

chiararaiden

(0) Hearts

I agree...  I was super excited about the matte shades, now wish I would have found dupes.  Initially I loved it, now I use it to justify spending the money.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I agree. I wish i hadn't bought that palette. The colors just don't suit my tan skin. They look weird. The brown and black are they only ones i use and i have those colors already. 

roxystar4

Sephora eyebrow razor. I read about how great it is to use a small eyebrow razor to trim the hairs vs. plucking. I tried it twice and I looked like I had tiny black dots under my eyebrows.  It wasnt so much sephora as the actual item (eyebrow razor). My hair is just too dark and my eyebrows are just naturally very thick- i need my tweezers 

DTalksAll

I feel the same about the Vice Palette. I looked at a ton of swatches before purchasing it & knew I probably wouldn't reach for it that much. I have my standard brights from mac & my neutrals from the 2 naked palettes, yet I was still drawn to it. I just don't play with it as much as  I should :smileysad: I'm thinking of hiding my naked palettes & only using the Vice for the next month. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

ugh i know. im the same way. ;/

buzzbee3

I've yet to purchase something I've regretted. Mostly because my skin is super sensitive and I tend to test the crap out of things before buying. There has been the odd case of something not working out but my younger sister always gladly takes them off my hands. The smile on her face is worth the product not working out for me.

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I did but I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving the bag underneath the sink with my other essentials. Normally that would have been fine but I the time I was leaving one duty station for the other . Long story short it was left in storage for 4 months before I could receive any of my things.

prettyinpa

My UD Smoked palette is up there in the regrettable purchase hit parade. It's much darker than what I expected and I was too lazy/busy to return it during the acceptable time, so it languishes in my closet. Same with the Lancome anti-aging kit I bought, it's still sitting around.

I'm a sucker for impulse buys, then it's such a hassle to go to the Post Office that I accumulate stuff.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I feel ya. My sephora is right where i work. i just kept thinking i would pick it up and wear it but never did ;/ then it got to late to return. Il probably end up giving it away

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I work right by a Sephora, too (with three more close by -- aaghh!). I wish I didn't; it's such a temptation! :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

No I've never returned a beauty item. I ended up giving it away to my mom because it broke me out on top of everything else I hated about it, but that was a lot of money down the drain. :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

Caudalie Premier Cru La Crème. Its $150 bucks without tax, and I didn't like it nearly as much as my HG $40 cream. :smileysad:

aviscardi

yikes I hate that ;/ im usually good about returning things i don't like or when they don't work.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • emmaclaire