queenofcouture

Prevent mascara from smudging

(0) Hearts

I just bought Benefit's they're real and all the reviews I read says that it doesn't smudge. Yet it smudges on me! Any suggestions to prevent smudging onto my under eyes? 

I use an eyecream but if I don't use it, my undereye will be extremely dry. 

helpful

Re: Prevent mascara from smudging

Anastasia makes a clear waterproof top coat- layer it over the top and you should be good to go. You'll probably find many more uses for it in the future as you may have a favorite mascara you always use but isn't waterproof- we know how difficult waterproof mascara can be. The Anastasia gel will allow you to choose the days you need a little extra protection from smudging, etc.

corrin99

(0) Hearts

The minute I slap mascara on my eyes water like crazy, but I hate waterproof mascara.  So here's my little trick I get my mascara the way I want it using my non waterproof favorite mascara then let it dry for a while 10 mins or so then I add a layer of waterproof, even an inexpensive one like Loreal Voluminous waterproof focus on the outer corner top and bottom, that's where I always smear it, but wherever it smears for you is where you should focus your waterproof.  Then when you wash it off it will still come off easily which is perfect for me. 

krissynita

(0) Hearts

How soon after application is it smudging?

I am curious if you are allowing enough 'drying' time for your lashes after applying the mascara? You might want to try holding your eye lid open (pulling it up with a light touch of your finger) for 30 seconds after applying a few coats of mascara...

XOXO

H

queenofcouture

(0) Hearts

Oh it smudges throughout the day. Usually about 5 hours and I have horrible mascara smudges under my eyes. 

melissabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Queenofcouture-

Try using a lash primer! Just like a primer works on your face a primer for your lashes will add hydration while making your mascara last longer!

Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

Dior - Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

<3 Melissa
queenofcouture

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestion!

sydneydavinaa

(0) Hearts

You can try the Urban Decay Cannonball mascara its water proof and will not smudge at all! 

queenofcouture

(0) Hearts

Oh okay, will try that! But do you know how I can use the Benefit mascara and stop it from smudging? I really don't want to throw it away just because it smudges.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • krissynita
    • melissabt
    • queenofcouture
    • helpful
    • sydneydavinaa