melde

Poll! Best eyeshadow?

(0) Hearts

Every time I use Urban Decay eye shadow I think, why do I ever stray? I love it. Soft and creamy, great color payoff and no fallout!

However, I've recently seen other BT posters singing the praises of different types eye shadow, so I'm curious!

What is your vote for best overall eye shadow (by brand)?

deedjw

Re: Poll! Best eyeshadow?

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's Ladybird Palette!!! I haven't owned it for long but now I don't know how I lived without it.  The palette is all matte & great for everyday wear & the colors go with pretty much every outfit.  Kat's eyeshadows are all very pigmentented & make getting ready super easy. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

ahh i really want that palette. every time i see it in store i want to get it but it screams fall to me. So im trying to hold off til at least Sept

clarks18

@melde

It's the Too Facd Matte Eyeshadow Collection.  Worth every penny and you can use it with shadows you already have to create beautiful looks. 

melde

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I will add this to my shopping list....

polanskym

My go-to's are Stila's single eyeshadow in Kitten and Lorac's eye palette in Unzipped. I seriously use these every day. Not only are they smooth but are so pigmented and no fallout. If you don't have these, go buy them now. They will be your staples in no time.

melde

I really want to try this Lorac palette now!

clarks18

My favorite eyeshadows come from Too Faced.  I love their palettes like the Matte Eye, Romantic Eye, Smokey Eye.  They are a great deal at $36 because you get 6 shadows in the palette and you can use them all together many different ways.  I think Too Faced has some of the best matte shadows around.  I have the matte eye and romantic eye palettes.  I reach for the matte palette every single day.  I love a matte highlight under the brow.  They blend very nicely and have great color payoff. 

Smashbox is another one of my favorite shadow brands.  I have the Smokebox and the Hazel Eye palette.  Their shadows blend like a dream.  Again I like the value of palettes and have been buying those a lot more lately compared to single pan shadows.  Smashbox has really pretty shimmery colors that don't cover your cheeks with fallout.  They also have a great selection of matte colors and colors with glitter. 

Lorac!  Lorac!  Lorac!  I feel like this brand sometimes goes unnoticed and that is such a shame!  They have beautiful shadows.  My favorite color by them is Rhapsody which is shimmery blue violet.  This shadow has no fallout, amazing payoff, and is very blendable.  You also don't need to load your brush up with product.  You only need a little bit the color feels really concentrated. 

NYX is my favorite drug store brand eye shadows.  I swear they should charge more for those little puppies.  They have a great color selection in the store.  They have tons of single pan shadows as well as lots of different palettes.  They also can be dupes for some of the higher end brands. 

Those are my favorite brands sold at Sephora.  Also there are the go-to's like UD, MUFE, MAC which are fantastic but sometimes it pays to branch out from the comfortable brands.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I have a huge NYX palette and while I think it is good, I think the Wet & Wild color icon 8 pan palettes & color trios are creamier & more pigmented. 

melde

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've heard good things about NYX too :smileyhappy:

Thanks for all of the tips!

Which Too Faced matte palette do you have?

ace2021

As expensive as they are I love Chanel quads. Maybe its because my mother used mostly Chanel make up growing up. The color pay off is great and they're always coordinated so well.

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh I've never tried Chanel eye shadow!

mafan

Silly system won't let me edit.  I forgot to say that I do have some Bare Minerals Ready shadows and they do seem to apply and blend very nicely. 

mafan

I have far too many eye shadows, but none are from Urban Decay.  I really love the Stila shadows.  The 3 pan sets they had last year are my favorites (two have Kitten in them) and I have two larger palettes.

After that, I'd say I love the consistency of Lorac shadows.  They blend so easily.

I picked up some Tarte palettes and they seem nice, though probably 3rd on my list.  I do like the waterproof nature of Aqualillies. 

If I could only ever have one thing, it would be my Stila "French Rivera" set.  I love how easily these apply and blend.

melde

(0) Hearts

I've heard good things about Lorac and Bare Minerals a lot lately! I may have to add them to my eye shadow to try list.... :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay by far is my favorite- I own so many shadows from this brand!

My next few favorites would be Benefit's Cream Eyeshadows, Benefit's old formula Velvet Eyeshadows (serious crime they stopped making these), and Stila's Eyeshadows.

BeeBeeJ

Urban Decay is so lovely in the package but my sensitive eyes simply do not like it. 

My favorite eyeshadow is Stila. I just love the consistency. Stila shadows go on so smoothly that I can even skip primer with most of the shades.

I also really love Nars eyeshadow. The color selection is incredible. I feel like every single shade is classy and simply screams quality. I also love that Nars has so, so many matte shades.

melde

(0) Hearts

I love NARS... how have I never tried their eye shadow??!!

ContentlyKayKay

I do like UD. I also love Inglot eye shadows. Very pigmented and a wide variety of colors. I just ordered my 2nd Freedom palette.. just waiting for it to arrive! eee I love ordering new makeup! I think my top eyeshadows are Inglot, UD and MAC (though these are a hit and miss).

melde

(0) Hearts

I've been dying to try Inglot eye shadows. I really want to go to a store that carries them, though, and there are none in my state. :smileysad:

carrierose

My vote is UD!  I can't stop buying palettes, and I love the texture and range of colors.  (Though they are lacking a spring green!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric
    • carrierose
    • aviscardi