nathaliew

Peter Thomas Roth eyelash treatment...

http://www.sephora.com/lashes-to-die-for-turbo-nighttime-eyelash-treatment-P381031?skuId=1548692

I was helping my mom look for an alternative to Latisse, something that couldn't cause pigment changes and we were looking at the Peter Thomas Roth eyelash treatment. The description says:

"Peptide-based Tri-Phase Lash Complex™ helps to dramatically improve the appearance of natural lash length, thickness, density, and fullness. It targets all three stages of the hair growth cycle, creating eye-opening volume and strikingly beautiful lashes"

Sounds great except further down in the "fine print" it says:

"Lashes To Die For™ Turbo is not intended to treat, prevent, cure, relieve, resolve, stop, or reduce hair loss or to promote the growth of hair."

Since the lashes are also hairs I wonder if it's a disclaimer referring to scalp hair only, as in I shouldn't use it on my head, or if it's really saying that it doesn't work. 

lylysa

Re: Peter Thomas Roth eyelash treatment...

Many over the counter lash treatments will come with a side note that they're not advertised or marketed as a lash growth serum/treatment, but that's not to render them completely useless either.

What you'll find is that OTC lash treatments will instead put the focus on intensifying and increasing lash health. So as a benefit and partial result, lashes don't fall out as quickly per the natural growth/shed cycle and thus will appear longer.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/hi-I-m-looking-for-a-product-that-will-help-my-eye-lashes-g...

The above thread covers some more lash treatments that you may find helpful.

nathaliew

Thanks! That's perfect :smileyhappy:

lylysa

No problem!

Out of the ones I've tried, I never experienced any pigmentation darkening on lids or my iris, I tried lash conditioners from Too Faced and Smashbox before as well but those have been discontinued. The TF one didn't really do much, definitely no where near the "promised" results, and though the Smashbox made my lashes feel nice, I felt the Cargo one did a better job since it was the AM/PM combo. The Urban Decay one was nice, and considering it's similar to the PTR, the price point is a lot better too. The UD Lush Lash Mascara is also very nice, it applies very light and gives lashes a very natural look if your mom doesn't like to have her lashes look too dramatic or risk clumps.

nathaliew

You're a gem lylysa!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • lylysa