afleming30

Perfect One Shadow for Summer

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking for the perfect easy and quick summer shadow.  I have dark brown eyes and light skin. I have neutral undertones in my skin. I am mainly looking for something that is sweat and heat proof for the hot summer months and something that is easy and fast to apply. Doesn't matter if the product is a cream or powder eyeshadow!  Thank you for any suggestions, I am fairly new to makeup and any help would be awesome!!

-Abigail 

chlotam

Re: Perfect One Shadow for Summer

(0) Hearts

I would suggest Chanel Emerveille or Burberry Barley!

laurabt

Hi afleming,

I like cream eye shadows for summer because they last long, and they are easy to swipe on quickly when you don't want to fuss with your makeup in the heat.  I recommend Smashbox Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow in Riches or Topaz. This is a great formula because it's transfer-, sweat-, and humidity- resistant!

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Smashbox - Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream ShadowSmashbox - Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow

afleming30

Thank you so much for your suggestion, the next time I go into Sephora I will definitely look into those!! Do you also have any suggestions on a good black or brown eyeliner that is sweat proof for the summer? 

laurabt

Absolutely! I love the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner because it stays put all day. I wear the color Damsel, but I think that Sienna would be a gorgeous color for summer!  Also, MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes is waterproof, and Pearly Brown 2L is a great brown for summer.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

afleming30

I looked up those colors and they look absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for all your help it means so much!!

-Abigail

laurabt

(0) Hearts

You're so welcome! Have a great weekend! :smileyhappy: -Laura

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Do you a have a preference toward cooler tones or warmer tones?

afleming30

(0) Hearts

I have a pretty neutral skintone, so either one is fine for me, but I usually lean towards a warmer tone.

lylysa

Check out Urban Decay's shadow in Blunt, it's a soft, brilliant gold that helps to perk up lids and eyes if you're opting for just one shade (photo of it in the below threat):

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Natural-Neutral-eye-makeup/m-p/1299902/highlight/true#M14812

If you want something a touch warmer, Stila's Oasis is a step up and has a super smooth formula that's easy to apply.

If you do want to venture to something slightly cooler but still meets a good middle ground, Stila's Kitten is available in their shadows, smudge pots, and eye crayon. It's a pinky nude shimmer that's very flattering on many skin tones.

afleming30

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into those shadows!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! You can also play with application and tools used to change up how shadows apply and the final look :smileyhappy:!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • laurabt
    • chlotam
    • afleming30