Perfect One Shadow for Summer

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking for the perfect easy and quick summer shadow.  I have dark brown eyes and light skin. I have neutral undertones in my skin. I am mainly looking for something that is sweat and heat proof for the hot summer months and something that is easy and fast to apply. Doesn't matter if the product is a cream or powder eyeshadow!  Thank you for any suggestions, I am fairly new to makeup and any help would be awesome!!

-Abigail 

Re: Perfect One Shadow for Summer

(0) Hearts

I would suggest Chanel Emerveille or Burberry Barley!

Hi afleming,

I like cream eye shadows for summer because they last long, and they are easy to swipe on quickly when you don't want to fuss with your makeup in the heat.  I recommend Smashbox Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow in Riches or Topaz. This is a great formula because it's transfer-, sweat-, and humidity- resistant!

Smiley Happy -Laura

Smashbox - Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream ShadowSmashbox - Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow

Thank you so much for your suggestion, the next time I go into Sephora I will definitely look into those!! Do you also have any suggestions on a good black or brown eyeliner that is sweat proof for the summer? 

Absolutely! I love the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner because it stays put all day. I wear the color Damsel, but I think that Sienna would be a gorgeous color for summer!  Also, MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes is waterproof, and Pearly Brown 2L is a great brown for summer.

Smiley Happy -Laura

I looked up those colors and they look absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for all your help it means so much!!

-Abigail

(0) Hearts

You're so welcome! Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy -Laura

(0) Hearts

Do you a have a preference toward cooler tones or warmer tones?

(0) Hearts

I have a pretty neutral skintone, so either one is fine for me, but I usually lean towards a warmer tone.

Check out Urban Decay's shadow in Blunt, it's a soft, brilliant gold that helps to perk up lids and eyes if you're opting for just one shade (photo of it in the below threat):

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Natural-Neutral-eye-makeup/m-p/1299902/highlight/true#M14812

If you want something a touch warmer, Stila's Oasis is a step up and has a super smooth formula that's easy to apply.

If you do want to venture to something slightly cooler but still meets a good middle ground, Stila's Kitten is available in their shadows, smudge pots, and eye crayon. It's a pinky nude shimmer that's very flattering on many skin tones.

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into those shadows!!

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! You can also play with application and tools used to change up how shadows apply and the final look Smiley Happy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation