MsStacey1990

Palette Help!

(0) Hearts

Hello Lovely Ladies!

I was wanting to ask you all, Do any of you know of a good all matte palette than contains a white shadow! thats really pigmented! Like when you swatch it on your arm it will show white and not a pale white! and hopefully its matte! Please and thanks!!

MsStacey1990

Re: Palette Help!

(0) Hearts

One more question girls, I havent done makeup looks with loose glitter in such a LOOOONG time, Whenever you apply it do you use lash glue or ? cause i dont have glitter glue T_T and im planning on doing a look with glitter but was wondering can lash glue be used ?

ladymeag

I use Anastasia's Beauty Genius, MAC Mixing Mediums, and Fyrinnae Pixy Epoxy (fairly new discovery on that last one but it's my favorite right now.) 

Urban Decay just released Bondage, as well, which is intended for use with loose glitters.

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

Oooh! I would have to order those, but i wanted something that i could use now haha, wanted to do glitter look today. and ive heard you can use lash glue.. but not sure if you actually can ._.

ladymeag

You might be able to get this one http://www.sephora.com/beauty-genius-clear-waterproofing-gel-P384062?skuId=1578731 in stores near you (I don't know where you are, but all of my local stores including SiJCP have it.) 

The problem with lash glue is that it can have an Elmer's glue effect on glitters - it's intended to be a little thick under your lashes but not be visible as a base. 

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for helping :smileyhappy: , Saddly the sephora i go to is like an hour away :smileysad: and i cant go, my husband took the car to work! My mom might come over today haha, maybe ill ask her to take me <_<

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

If you can get to a Target that sells e.l.f., their Lock & Seal is reportedly good in a pinch.  Have not personally tried it.

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

My walmart sells elf ^.^ i always see the lock and seal, never thought about buying it, I shall go get it today! see if it works haha thanks :smileytongue:

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I have the lock n seal but i never opened it. I guess I could try it with my UD eyeliner because it seems by the end of the day it smears a bit at the outer corner of my eyes.

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Sleek's Ultra Matte V2? I literally just ordered it now, so I can't say how it performs, but it gets pretty good reviews. There is a white shade in there.

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

I have sleeks Acid and V1 palette, they both have white! but its just not the white im wanting xD. thank you ladies

JayReed

Too Faced has their Matte Palette on sale for $20 right now! It will be ending very shortly because it is only a 24 hr sale it has a white shadow!

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

thank you ladies ^.^ i will look into all of those! and comfyrock :smileyhappy: i have nyx milk pencil.. but i need it to be a shadow :smileyhappy: but thank you .

ladymeag

If you mean a powder (because the NYX pencil is a cream shadow pencil) - Sugarpill's Tako, which is available individually and in the Sweetheart palette, totally would fit. It's whiter, IMO, than MAC's Gesso and applies more evenly. Milani's Paint eyeshadow palette also has a white and is up on CherryCulture and a few other places. Makeup Geek's White Lies is pretty similar to MAC Gesso. 

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

Thanks ladymeag ^.^ , Yea i have nyx milk, only use it as a base! But im thinking of gettin the lorac pro and possibly the sugarpill! ahhhh so many options <_< Want'em all ^.^

IttyxBittyxMe

Tako.jpg

Here's Tako from Sugarpill. Green dot side is with a primer the the other side is with nothing. 

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

:smileysurprised: see, thats what ive been wanting . I MUST HAVE IT! lol.. Soo now I know what ima order next week ^..^ Thank you 

comfyrock

Sugarpill's Sweetheart palette has a pigmented matte white, Tako.

Does it have to be a palette?  NYX Milk is a terrific shadow pencil.  NYX also has a matte white eye base.

ladymeag

Seconded on both counts! :smileyhappy: 

lyravega

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

At this point, I can only think of LORAC Pro having true, matte white. I think it's pretty pigmented, but I'm not sure anymore, I'll have to check it out. Haven't been using that palette in ages.

Oh, and LORAC Pro is not all matte palette. There are 8 mattes, and 8 shimmers in it. So, I'm not sure I was any help... :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: Checked it out. It's very chalky and powdery and ewww! Not really worth it...

IttyxBittyxMe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Whhhhaaaaa? 'm not personally offended because it's my favorite palette ever or anything. The Lorac Pro palette shades are all buttery and wonderfully pigmented, in my palette at least, I have never had an issue with my shades being chalky or powdery at all.

1325383_orig.jpg

This is the white in the Lorac Pro with no primer and no base underneath it, just the color itself. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lyravega
    • ladymeag
    • Koofa
    • IttyxBittyxMe
    • notcreative
    • comfyrock