PSA

i ventured out of my cave today and was bombarded by a plethora of raccoon eyes. 

ellen-degeneres-raccoon.jpg

what on earth are these ladies thinking? seriously, when i see you, this is all i can think of:

nope.gif

what are some of your biggest fashion and makeup nonos? anything that makes you want to claw your own eyeballs from your face?  

Re: PSA

These are the ones that make me cringe!

• Unblended makeup
  • Foundation too dark for your neck
  • Spider lashes (I just threw up a bit in my mouth)
  • Orange fake tans
  • Overdrawn lips
  • Obvious lip liner
  • Too dark/too big eyebrows
  • Cakey foundation/powder
  • Bleached hair that looks like straw
  • Too much bronzer/contour
  • Too shiny skin
  • Concealer lips

_8nzAix1.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

10475053_729791103726005_678866628_a.jpgCapturee.JPGscreen-shot-2013-09-11-at-2-28-41-am.pngCapture.JPG

(0) Hearts

The only think I can think of that gives me an actually physical reaction is fingernails of various lengths. If one breaks, either have a fake one put on or file the rest down. 

I kinda shiver and cringe just thinking about it.

Most of the annoying stuff's been mentioned, but let me add mine: eyebrows that are too far apart. The rest is nicely filled in, shaded, but they're running away from the nose. Whenever I see people like that, I resist the urge to take my brow pencil out and do it for them... :smileytongue:

upload_7174500452330834117.jpg

(0) Hearts

Oh, if there's one thing that makes me crazy it's the bl@w j@b lip liner.  All I can think think is that she must be auditioning for a pron movie.  Dark brown lip liner and pale pink lipstick- who looks in the mirror and thinks that looks good?

On the other side of the spectrum, overdone brows! Where they shape them unnaturally, or too heavily!

upload_5106140440333389621.jpg

is that what you're talking about?

OMG the math problem... oh lawd that's both cruel and hilarious. :smileyvery-happy:

I cannot stand that overly bright under eye concealer look. I'm not talking a shade or two lighter but a good six/seven shades lighter. Pair that with the overly done contour a la Kanye West's baby mama (I refuse to name her) and it's just all kinds of horrendous.

(0) Hearts

Amen! I've never understood why everyone adores Kim K. I find her classless, fake and gross.

can i safely say here without an angry mob that miley cyrus post transformation is the biggest no-no all around?

(0) Hearts

My pet peeve is "the mask". Aka a foundation that is clearly too dark or light and is NOT blended whatsoever... so you get a lovely line clearly showing where the makeup ends. Also, with the mask them, just simply putting on TOO much foundation/powder, to the point where it's more than cakey. 

One other pet peeve that I'm guilty of myself but still strongly dislike, are dry/cracked heels and wearing a shoe that shows off your heel. Take care of those puppies.

(0) Hearts

I feel you on the second one in particular.  I have ugly feet - I just do.  Because of that, I wear shoes that cover my feet and generally avoid wearing sandals.  In the summer, if I know I want to wear sandals I'll spend a good hour the night before tending to my gross feet as much as possible to make them look vaguely human.  Other people with gross feet please take note.  No one wants to see that nastiness, let's be real!

As you may be able to tell, my makeup pet peeve is when someone has perfect, flawless makeup, a red lip, smokey eye, etc. and their brows are just barely there.  Please for the love of goodness, let me bring you to Anastasia, she is a goddess and will bless you with perfect brows.  Whether you want natural (powder or brow wiz) or you want runway worthy brows (dipbrow baby!) let her use her magic on you! 0.jpg

(0) Hearts

that looks like maya_mia

Yep, I'm all about some Anastasia.  She's such a smart and driven woman.  There are the most awesome video tutorials online where she explains how to make a perfect brow.  Love.

I also hate it when people don't blend.  It's like, come on, did you look in a mirror before leaving the house?  Really? 

blend!.png

Oh! And when contouring gets waaaaay out of hand.

awesomeness.png

[ Edited ]

I gotta say..I have a real pet peeve on brows. I really hate seeing women who have like HALF of their brows. What in god's mind prompted you to only have brows near the inner corner of your eyes?! I have a friend on fb who has her eyebrows like that, and oh my goodness..how can she think that looks good?! I also hate those fish hook eyebrows. Again, what in god's mind.....?

I hate hate hate seeing someone wearing colorful eyeshadow without a brownish transition color! It's just a personal pet peeve of mine. I find that having a neutral transition color really ties the look together. 

Don't even get me started on heavy unblended contouring that makes your face look like you got slapped across the cheek with the bronzer. 

I think colourful eyeshadow can be done without a brown transition colour really well, actually. Of course, you need to know what you're doing, and you DO need a transition colour (unless you REALLY know what you're doing and go with the single colour), but for the average joe-ette, yeah, a brown/neutral shade is probably best. 

I have a friend who shaves above her brows. Literally nothing makes me more insane. I want to hold her down and pluck her stubble. 

That makes my eye twitch just thinking about it. 

My ex boyfriend used to shave between his unibrow and even that stubble drove me nuts. Lol, I finally make him let me pluck it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments