jaimelove

PSA

i ventured out of my cave today and was bombarded by a plethora of raccoon eyes. 

ellen-degeneres-raccoon.jpg

what on earth are these ladies thinking? seriously, when i see you, this is all i can think of:

nope.gif

what are some of your biggest fashion and makeup nonos? anything that makes you want to claw your own eyeballs from your face?  

lyndsey

Re: PSA

I mean, her eyebrows go straight across at the top. She's plenty hairy, so I guess I get why she does it, but when I talk to her and she's right in front of me, I look at her brows the whole time. She also totally resists change (her hair is seriously past her butt!)  otherwise I might offer to help her out. 

quotidianus

Re item three ... like this?

no.jpeg

laynebr

(0) Hearts

OMG!

NARS multiple gone wrng lol

marydiva

Bingo.

andyhtrieu

Also, BLEACHED EYEBROWS. As much as I love Lady Gaga, I hate it when she has no eyebrows.

ChicDabbler

I had a co-worker who have the skinny penciled in "golden arches", no eyebrow hair. I couldn't stop staring at her during meetings. Our personality don't really match, but I think it's exacerbated by my opinion of her brows on my side. o.O 

Urbie

I was on the train yesterday across from a woman with that look.  It was really freaking me out and I couldn't look away from it.  She kept glaring at me but...sorry, there is a car wreck taking place on your face.  Don't expect people not to stare.

crayzeeRN

"there is a car wreck taking place on your face"

hahahahahaah <3 Urbie

marydiva

Invisible eyebrows! I don't want to claw my eyes out, but I desperately want to take some dipbrow and show them the ropes. Brows frame and define so much of the face that without them, everything looks so off balance.

IAmLadyLiterary

Ugh I know!  Especially when people have full eye makeup and face makeup and you can barely see their brows!  Fill those suckers in!  Some days I want to just keep my purse full of ABH products and attack everyone with bad brows. If you are going to do a smokey eye, please frame those eyes with perfect brows, it's like just filling in the centre of your lips with bright red lipstick and then leaving the rest nude.  No.  Just no.

Manda

(0) Hearts

YAY! Someone agrees with filling in eyebrows! I see this at work all the time and it drives me nuts. It takes not even a few seconds to fill them in and make them look good. OIY!

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Yes, yes, yes. 

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

Don't ask me why this drives me as crazy as it does, I can handle any other beauty blender, too much bronzer (been there done that), too much blush (again guilty), too much eyeliner, I can deal with it because we all make mistakes but when you do everything else well but don't do brow my brain explodes just a little bit.  The four things I never leave the house with doing is brows, mascara and a touch of powder, and some lippy.  Some people are mascara, concealer and lip gloss, I NEED FILLED IN BROWS!  It doesn't help that I am naturally a dirty blonde/light brown so my brows match that but I dye my hair dark brunette so when my brows aren't filled they don't exist.

marydiva

Agreed! I can forgive any other makeup sin, but filled in brows - they're so necessary! I have a teacher with dark, dark, dyed black hair and invisible, barely there brows. She wears a full face of makeup...but DOESN'T fill in her brows and it drives me nuts. I obviously can't say anything without sounding snotty or disrespectful as I am her student and I have no right to tell her how to do makeup or how to dress, but still, I would love for her to realize how much potential there is in a beautifully filled in brow. 

drppr

(0) Hearts

I don't do anything with my brows, not even reshape them or anything, and I will never fill them in. I just like how they are naturally and never thought they needed fixing. I actually dislike over plucked or too harshly filled in brows more than naturally sparse or wild brows.  

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I know what you mean, like come on you do perfect makeup but skip your brows, whhhyyyyyyy?  Your face would be perfect, absolutely completely perfect if you would just spend the $20 on ABH dipbrow!  If I do nothing else, it's lightly filled brows (I might get the brow wiz to try and do softer brows on no makeup days), concealer or powder, mascara and tinted lip balm, I need to do my brows.  I'm just one of those people

ilovebears

I'm blessed with pretty decent natural eyebrows, but some people aren't as fortunate.  I don't really like to judge those people for not doing their eyebrows, especially if they don't already wear a lot of other makeup.

Also, this thread is scaring me :smileysad:  I'm still somewhat of a makeup newbie, and I like to think that I look fairly decent everyday... but now I'm terrified that I actually look like a clown and no one has the heart to tell me ><"

DTalksAll

I love filled in brows when they look natural. I personally don't like brows that are obviously filled in or not blended. No one naturally has a perfect square at the start of the brow or harsh line under the brow. 

I remember when it used to be bold lips or bold eyes. Now I think they need to throw bold brows into the mix. I think it takes away from the look. 

I'm sure I do a lot of things others can't stand. Like I wear leggings all the time (with a tunic or longer sweater), but I'm always in leggings. I own a lot of lululemon pants, never wear them for working out. 

We all have different tastes :smileyvery-happy:

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

Personally dannyc I do fill in my brows quite a lot, to the point where they don't always look completely natural because that is the style that I like.  I'm not arguing or anything, just personally brows are my thing and I love how my face looks with perfect brows.  

BeautyJunkie325

I'm with you.  I fill in my brows, but they need to be blended.  I don't like the look of brows that look fake, but that's just me.  Sculpted brows are one thing but overly sculpted fake looking brows is another.

anaa

I like your attitude ilovebears!  You're absolutely right, some people aren't as well endowed in the eyebrow dept as others.  Believe it or not there was a time when heavier brows were out of fashion, so trends come and go. I've always had very sparse brows and I do fill them in, but am I going to worry about the eyebrow police?  Nah I'm not.   Don't stress over expressing yourself with your makeup and have fun with it.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 202 replies
  • 749 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire