BeautyIsPassion

PALETTE HELP!!

Palette help please.  OK so i have a dilemma. I really cant decide between the new UD Electric or the new Kat Von D palette(purple one)...I really am torn. Can anyone offer any opinions on them? I have a lot of neutral palettes and dont know if I want to stay in the same route or to get UD to add pops of colour.   Sigh....makeup world dilemmas. If i havent spent so much recently at Sephora i would opt for both but i need a few skin care products so only allowing myself to get one.

BeautyIsPassion

Re: PALETTE HELP!!

Thanks everyone!  Im getting ready to head over to sephora now and pick up the electric. As far as everyday use, i have no issues adding a pop of colour. I work in the medical field and doesntnworry mento add itnto lower lash line or inner corners. After all make up is about expression. Neutral does get boring every day. 

jobro1027

I'd go with the Electric palette just for how well it blends. You can create new colors using the ones in the palette, and the pigmentation is spectacular. It's one of my favorites!

sammiebaby

Hey!

I own both KVD palettes and they're both very beautiful but I feel like they're more for everyday either kind of toned down or dramatic.  I'm planning on getting the Electric palette from UD because I don't have any colors like that and they can be easily used with other colors and toned down if you want a more simpler look (at least from what I've seen).  I'm more into Smokey dramatic looks more than brights which is why I got the KVD one's first, but once I got some tip money going I'm getting the Electric!  I'm sure no matter which you get you'll be happy with it.

IttyxBittyxMe

So here's how I look at it [as I have both >.>]

The KVD Palette is nice quality wise, but I feel like these colors are easily dupeable [which is why I'm considering taking mine back with my Monarch palette]. I have all of these colors in other palettes that I own already that I feel are either more pigmented or more vibrant so I would reach for those over this.

As far as the UD Electric Palette goes, I'm all about vibrant colors and this palette delivers. The colors are dupeable yes, but most of the colors are pretty unique [at least in my collection, I know I don't have a color like Thrash or Freak, except maybe Sugarpill Acidberry but that's another story entirely].

So if I had to pick one, I personally would do the UD Electric instead. 

kellsmuneoka

The quality of both of these palettes are amazing! It really depends on what kind of makeup looks you would wear. I'm more of a smokey purple based eyes or neutral eyes. The electric palette is a great palette to get if you'd actually use the colors. Think to yourself, "Would I actually wear/use all the colors in this palette or would the KVD palette be better to wear out?". I personally would only wear 1/2 of the colors in the Electric so I didn't get it. I did swatch them and I did like the pigmentation, but I'm not really going for bold looks with my eyes, mostly lipstick. Hope this helps. x

BeautyIsPassion

thanks beauties!!! I can tell from the swatches that UD is calling me!

andyhtrieu

I would get the KVD palette because it's more wearable for everyday or special events. The UD one would be perfect for parties and raves. 

LariTheLoud

I'm perfectly happy using the UD Electric Palette on a daily basis, but I know it's not for everyone. YMMV. That said, I really do think if you're a fan of those colors, there are ways to tone them down for everyday use!

IttyxBittyxMe

I feel like this depends on your definition of 'wearable' though, as I have no problems wearing the UD Electric Palette out everyday. The KVD Palette I did this week for the palette parade challenge and I didn't find it to be to enjoyable. It's a nice palette, but I think for me I have dupes for almost all the colors in other palettes already. 

LauraBellSue

Totally agree here.  The UD Palette is really fun and I've seen a lot of great posts by BTers on here showing how they incorporate it into their daily makeup, but I just think it's a little too out there for me to get a ton of use out of it.  I feel like KVD palette allows you to create more wearable looks.  But that's just me...

heartsmyface

image.jpg

Neither is a neutral palette in my opinion. They both have their own charm. Hope this helps.image.jpg

BeautyIsPassion

TY this helped sooooo much.... i feel like for pop of colour i can use the UD and use all my neutral palettes i have to work with it already. KVD looks beautiful as well but still seems to be on the neutral side...more toned down.

heartsmyface

Neither looks to be limited edition so that makes making a decision way easier. 

weeeeweeeeeee

If you already have a lot of neutral palettes, you should go for the UD! I feel like if you have too much of the same or even similar to the same things, its kinda boring. Switch it up a little, get creative. Go for the UD.

BlushHoarder

Get the Electric palette, it is unique and I like the UD line better.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • sammiebaby
    • BlushHoarder
    • IttyxBittyxMe
    • kellsmuneoka
    • jobro1027