desertbr4t

Oh My Goodness! UD eyeliner Vault

Will anybody be investing in this baby? $295 retail. image.jpg

lylysa

Re: Oh My Goodness! UD eyeliner Vault

I can tell you for starters that this is a kit that I don't NEED.

Would I ever purchase it, no, I've got a variety of UD liners and though the set looks mighty tempting and pristine, I don't have enough reason or want to justify the purchase.

Even if I didn't have a variety of color, liners can be created by layering shadows over white liner, mixing mediums, or using shadows wet.

Mpiteros' comment about going in with some friends to purchase the set is a good idea, it'll save on costs per person and at least the kit could be divided for full use.

Aside from the couple of brights the rest seem to be more neutrals/muted shades. This is one of those items where if someone were to splurge on it for me as a gift I would just be blown away and ever so greatful, but as a purchase made on my own, highly unlikely!

I will say that this kit is a much better steal than the kit MUFE launched for their 25th anniversary Aqua Eyes kit back in 2010, that kit was $425 and only had 25 liners.

makeupobesessed

While it looks all sparkly and wow, it's something I'd def regret buying.  I'm more of a black eyeliner gal, I have colors but I don't wear a whole lot of different colors that this would get a use out of, I barely use one up before its time to replace it out of sheer time surpassed when opening it....I can't be the only one, right?

bittersweet86

As awesome as that looks sadly I won't be getting that :smileysad: one because of the money and two because I already have alot of their liners that I don't seem to use as much as I liked and they're just the small travel size.

Does anyone know if these make good bases for shadows are not?

lylysa

They make pretty decent bases (some of their liners that have more larger glitter particles don't leave as smooth of a finish unless you apply a more heavy coat). If you've ever played with their cream shadow pencils the formulas are virtually the same.

bittersweet86

Oh ok cool thank you. Tried liner for a base before (a nonUD) and didn't like it but I do like UD shadow pencils so cool I'll have to try some of my liners then thank you.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Texture wise, they're virtually the same, but one is jumbo sized and the other is thin. The shadow pencils definitely save time on application so you're no having to swipe as much product on, but the thin liners save on space during travel or make up emergencies!

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

awesome news...27 new colors should be available individually! 

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

Wow! I love eyeliner, but no way am I going to spend that much. I feel guilty for spending over $7 on makeup at one time :smileyhappy:.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

cough cough** 

Kazie

No way can I afford it. I have so much luck with the colored eye liners at Sally's! Not expensive and they last forever! I am trying to save for several products in the Algenist line. (think I spelled it right) Have any of you out there tried this line, if so, how do you like it?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Algenist! I love the serum and the overnight restorative (or regenerative?) cream! I like the fact the cream is super rich, but feels more water-based than oil-based/oily so it doesn't break me out.

ChicDabbler

I can only justify it if I wear eyeliner everyday or am a busy make up artist, but I'm neither and I like to try new things too much to stay loyal to one brand, so it's a pass.

Besides, for $300, I'd much rather get my dream items, like a Clarasonic and SK-II skincare (maybe even La Priarie or La Mer).

mpiteros

YES! Me and 8 friends are chipping int o get one. SO EXCITED. 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Here is my eyeliner collection---Ready? Here we go. I have.....

1 black liquid liner.

I have no colored liners, I've never had good experiences with them, its so much easier for me to use shadow as liner. So pass for me. Its good for makeup artists that need many different shades for different skintones/looks, but for me to use just for myself on a day to day basis, its too much.

I'd rather take that 300 bucks and get my NARS on.

desertbr4t

that minty green color is gorgeous!

prettyinpa

If UD included this in their F & F 20% sales that they have periodically, maybe, but wow, that's a lot of liners to use up!!   :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

The colors are beautiful and all, but I could do a lot with almost $300.  I could do some serious shopping in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, go to Dollywood or the Aquarium, etc.  So, I'll pass on this item lol.

JenBlush

Im not sure if i will be willing to spend so much on eyeliners. I mean... I dont know if i will be able to even use them ALL! it will take me a lifetime to finish them all! and like Desertbr4t said.. they will dry out!

desertbr4t

i don't think i'd be able to use them all before they dry out. 

bananachoox3

Love it but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pull 300 out of my wallet on the spot for 40 eyeliners. Loving the colors though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • mpiteros
    • kimmi1115
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler