MichelleStation

OILY EYELIDS!

(0) Hearts

Hey girls, i need some help choosing an eyeshadow primer that will help my eyeshadow stay on because i have super oily eyelids. Any suggestions?

Thank YOU!

1SultrySCENTNut

Re: OILY EYELIDS!

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the eye shadow primer made for glitter and loose mineral powders? I have some on hand to use when needed, but it has a sticky finish that will make anything stick perfectly, most definitely works with oily skin.

A few brands have put this Primer out, but the one I use is by the Sephora Collection - 24 hr. Glitterguard . It will work miracles and there are a few more high end cosmetic companies that carry a glitter guard primer :smileywink:

AlisG

(0) Hearts

Yeah I would steer clear of the Urban Decay primer.. I have oily lids too and as much as I love Urban Decay they're primer really doesn't do anything for me either. 

I have noticed that since I started using the De-slick setting spray everything seems to last a little longer without the shine.. but it's to be determined as to whether I should be spraying this stuff over my eyes or not ahha.

CDNdragongirl

So, I have the same problem and I've tried pretty much every primer out there - NARS, Urban Decay, Stila... nothing was working. I was lucky if eyeshadow lasted an hour on my freakishly oily lids. I finally came up with the perfect combination that works! Here's what I do:

1. Put a thin layer of Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder on each lid. 

2. Add a thin layer primer (I've been using Elizabeth Arden's Advanced Eye Fix primer)

3. Another layer of the matte powder

4. Eyeshadow

I put on shadow this morning at 6 a.m. - it's now 2 p.m. and most of it is still there. Just a bit sparse in the crease where it's oiliest, but I'm considering this a win!

Would love to know if this works for you as well. I'm so stoked that I can finally get my money's worth on all those expensive shadow palettes! 

AlisG

(0) Hearts

I have to try this!! I was just thinking of trying concealer, primer, shadow, and then setting powder. But you seem to have this down to a science!

carolang

We see this question a lot on here. If you really want the best of the best - go for the NARS eye primer. There is no beating it. Too Faced Shadow Insurance and bareMinerals primer (I like the brightening pearl as a white-ish base if I want to make the colors I am using pop) are second tier to me. Urban Decay Primer Potion is not as good. Talking non-sephora brands - Lorac Behind The Scenes is OK, skip theBalm's eye primer its terrible.

My eyelids are extremely oily, product will crease and literally fade away into nothing within a couple hours if I don't use a primer. I work in a hospital setting where I am in the OR for 10+hours sometimes. The first time I used the NARS primer I was blown away. I tend to like a colored base (like the bareMinerals one) so this one being clear took a little getting used to but now I can't live without it and have gone through 2 deluxe samples since december (luckily I was able to try it out when it was featured in a holiday giftbag... everyone always raves about it but who knows when I would have made the splurge??) and I have my full-size waiting for me!

If you seriously have an issue with oily eyelids, you will not regret purchasing the NARS eye primer.

sydmarsis15

(0) Hearts

I have oily eyelids as well, and I've found that the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden works best for me. Also as mentioned before, I like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I used to use Benefit Stay Don't Stray, that worked pretty well, too. You'll just have to test a few out and see what works best for your skin. Good luck. :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

A lot of people LOVE the Urban Decay primer potion or the NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base. Both are great for people with oily eye lids. 

myxducky

(0) Hearts

I have really oily eyelids as well and I use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It does increase how long my eye make up lasts, but definitely doesn't make it last all day.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • carolang
    • myxducky
    • AlisG
    • sydmarsis15
    • MichelleStation
    • andyhtrieu