upperpines93

No matte how much I sleep, I cannot the dark circles are...

No matte how much I sleep, I cannot the dark circles are still there.  What is a great product for concealing dark circles?

gypsyfashionist

Re: No matte how much I sleep, I cannot the dark circles are...

(0) Hearts

I love Kat Von D's Tattoo concealer; it has great coverage and it really goes a long way.

I also second the suggestion about the water. Some days all it takes is some extra glasses of water, and I definitely see a difference.

rebecca34

(0) Hearts

I found out after years of dark circles that for me they were allergy related.  However, here's what I did to hide them when I had them.  First I used Benefit's erase paste.  Then if I needed more coverage I applied Bare Minerals" well rested" on top of the erase paste.  This combination completely hid them - on bad days it was maybe 95% but that was way better than completely obvious dark circles.

brandiandi

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain upperpines93. For a long time growing up I thought it was weird I had such dark circles. As I got older I realized that they were just hereditary, and I would have to learn to live with it (or get some cosmetic surgery!). The best product I have found so far is Benefit's Erase Paste.  Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and seasonal allergies can be another thing that makes them worse.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Upperpines93,

I think that you should try the Benefit Erase Paste. It has a wonderful peach tone that instantly minimizes dark circles, has a full coverage and has a bit of a sheen to it (it will bounce back light and makes your dark circles seem less apparent).

A second product that works really well is the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach.

Corrector

Peach

Peach

<3 Melissa
ssmittys

[ Edited ]

LOVE Erase Paste by Benefit! Working nights has been HELL on my poor under eyes, but using some amazing eye creams (I use SUPER bright eyed with melon for "day" and DERMAdoctor: Wrinkle Revenge, Rescue and Protect Eye Balm for "night") and this concealer, everyone thinks I get more than enough sleep. I feel like one can NEVER go wrong with the Erase Paste!

waterbaby1981

I'm seconding the Bobbi Brown correctors.  I wear Porcelain Bisque and actually used it today underneath my Dior Nude Skin Hydrating Concealer since I only had maybe three hours of sleep last night.  (Went gambling with my mom and grandpa today at Spirit Mountain.  It's an hour and a half drive.  Me and the hubby slept in yesterday until about 11 am and then I couldn't go to sleep early like I had planned because my body wasn't tired at that point.  Plus working out last night at 7-8 pm gave me my second wind, so to speak.)

The corrector worked like a charm.  I put it in the little half moon area on the inner corner of my eyes, then concealer like normal and set it with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder.  Worked like a charm and I looked like I had a full night's rest.  Of course, UD Naked Palette eyeshadows in Sin, Baked, Sidecar (one of my favorites lately, with the sparkles) and Virgin, with UD 24/7 liners in Baked and Midnight Cowboy also did their part to brighten up the eyes as well.  (Do NOT use darker colored shadows if you're tired.  Trust me.)

So I was really tired to the point of wanting to crawl under the Pai Gow Poker table (Grandpa won $3750 on a lucky hand...he got a Straight Flush) and sleep right there for a couple of hours.  I ended up napping across the back seat of my car while Mom drove the three of us home. 

wamgurl

Time Balm by The Balm. Trust me, it works!!!
mandykr

I love bareMinerals concealing bisque in well-rested...will definitely hide dark circles...its only $18 and it lasts forever
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • mandykr
    • brandiandi
    • rebecca34
    • gypsyfashionist
    • waterbaby1981