kbmatthews

Neon/Bright/Colourful Eyeliner!

I'm really digging the neon/bright/colourful eyeliner trend! The problem is, I can't find the colours I want. I really dig the pink-leaning corals and light neon orange, but the only eyeliner I could find was the OCC Grandma one. I also dig the turquoise, but only Stila seems to have a liquid one, and it seems kinda sheer. 

Where would I get such magnificent colours? And what are your faves? 

neon_eyeliner_variety-585x585.jpg

eyemakeup16.jpg

36d91a93b974fc65a69e805f673c5bc1.jpg

minty2.jpg

melissabt

Re: Neon/Bright/Colourful Eyeliner!

I love the orange and bright coral! Ardency Inn also has 2 fun bright eyeliners that I recommend.

ARDENCY INN
MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner

Turquoise - bright matte turquoise with a slight green undertone

ardency t.jpg

Hot Pink - intense pink with slight blue undertones and a hint of iridescence

hot pink eye liner.jpg

<3 Melissa
kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Oh man! That turquoise looks PERFECT!

comfyrock

upload_6021038655810385698.jpg

MAC Free To Be

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

OMG! Gorgeous colour. Thank you!

crayzeeRN

*is mesmerized*

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

lagoon

Sleek Lagoon Palette 12. Ariel.jpg

Ariel from Sleek Makeup's Lagoon palette may be a nice coral to try.

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

This is pretty, too :smileyhappy:

veronika23

[ Edited ]

The Stila Turquoise pencil was in stock at my Sephora today! It is beautiful and one of my favorites!  The liquid isn't as nice. Maybe check your store.  The mint green and yellow are also super nice.

Edited:  You can also do a white matte pencil line and using an angle brush do a bright shadow on top.  Look up MUFE, MAC or Inglot eye shadows. :smileyhappy:

FYI MUFE can stain your eyelids

kbmatthews

OH man! I totally want the Stila turquoise. I can't find it anywhere! The Mint Julep isn't the same. 

Inglot is SUCH a pain to get in Canada :smileysad: I wish I could just order from beautylish...

veronika23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Did you call your local Sephora?  The turquoise wasn't there last time I was in but there today... Well you can buy Inglot from the Canadian website.  It's not the best navigation and shipping is a bit slow but you can try.  Or there's a store in Montreal... not sure if you could call in an order?

I've used plenty of bright colors on my eyes when I was younger.  Mostly MUFE that's before primers were in. I never had a problem except some staining for about a day. 

ETA: MAC has some pretty bright pigments as well.

Just checked and the Turquoise is on Stila's website.  They don't ship to Canada but if they have it and my Sephora has it... I guess other stores and online should be getting it again.

crayzeeRN

It's also on Ulta's website!

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You can try using eye shadow and an angled brush to make you're own eyeliner! Just pack some eye shadow on your angled brush and then spray with with some water or fix +. The water will just intensify the pigment of the shadow :smileyhappy:

edit: you can also just use something like Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners and apply it with an angled brush instead of directly from the pencil to your eye

kbmatthews

Yeah... except try finding these colours in shadow form :smileytongue: hehe. It's more difficult than it sounds!

jenpred

My oh my those are pretty! I'm in this boat too! I REALLY want a shimmery, neon cantaloupe/orange eyeshadow color. The closest one I have is my Sugarpill glitter pigment, but it's horrible! It sheers out quickly and the glitter fall out is ridiculous :smileysad:. If anyone knows of a shade, please let me know!

ChicDabbler

I know the yellow and mint at least are available for Stila. You can also make it by mixing eyeshadow with eyeshadow primer.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

For aqua shades, check out UD's Deep End or KVD Autograph pencil in Peacock.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Another option might be using powder shadow with a sealant (MUFE Aqua Seal or OCC Primer) to make your own gel liner.

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Seems like I may have to go that route :\

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

Check out OCC cosmetic color pencils:

http://www.sephora.com/cosmetic-colour-pencils-P385144?skuId=1574813&icid2=ObsessiveCompulsive_New_C...

The product page has this warning:

The following shades are not recommended for use in the immediate eye area: Anime, Black Dahlia, Grandma, Hoochie, NSFW, Trick.

Unfortunately, some of those are shades that interest you.  It's the same issue with the UD electric palette where certain pigments are not considered eye-safe in the US but are permitted in Canada and in Europe.  Do your research and see if you care to try them.  I use NSFW and Black Dahlia as lip pencils and I love them.

EDIT: Yep, I don't read good.  OCC is in the OP.

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Hehe yeah, I saw the OCC pencils (mentioned it in my original post). But Grandma is too orange-pulling I think. I basically want a bright pinky-coral (like UD's Streak), but safe for the eye area. 

I wonder why they're not safe for the eye area... I'll have to look into that.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

I've read a few versions.  Some sources say that the pigments haven't been tested so it's just a delay.  Others suggest that there be more stringent criteria in the U.S.  The red-based dyes are definitely the issue. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23
    • crayzeeRN
    • jenpred