Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Naked2 Basics Pallete vs Becca Ombre Nudes Pallete

Currently trying to decide between the Naked2 Basics palette and Becca Ombre Nudes palette.  I have the Tartlette Clay Matte eyeshadow palette and find it difficult to travel with.  I also find the colors to be somewhat hard to blend out and work with.  Which palette do you think would be the best everyday palette for me? 

Re: Naked2 Basics Pallete vs Becca Ombre Nudes Pallete

I have both. They're so different--UD is grayer and Becca is browner. I like them for different reasons, but both are easy to travel with, pigmented, and really flattering. If you don't have either Basics palette I'd get that one, but if you have Basics 1 than get the Becca! 

Thanks for the advice!  I was leaning towards Becca before reading your comment.  I definitely do think Naked Basics 2 will be much better, especially because of the darker shade that I will be able to use as eyeliner.   

I agree on the colour difference with @czikimonkey I have both and feel the need to own them both because I use nudes all the time, but if I had to pick, I'd pick Naked 2 Basics. I find the eye shadows so smooth and buttery and blendable. The Becca is great, just a bit more powdery and definitely needs a primer. I'd go into store and swatch the texture difference if you are unsure, or have preference for that sort of thing. @ayyshanay

Thank you for this comment.  I was originally leaning towards Becca because I had read about how creamy and smooth the shadows were.  After seeing that you thought the Naked basics 2 had buttery shadows i knew i had to go with Naked basics.  I favor the cooler colors too

Hi, ayyshanay!

For comparison, here are images/swatches of the UD Naked Basics 2 and the Becca Ombre Nudes.

UD-

Image result for urban decay naked basics 2 palette

Image result for urban decay naked basics 2 palette

Becca-

Image result for becca ombre nudes eye palette

Image result for becca ombre nudes eye palette

For starters, the UD palette features 6 pans of shadow while the Becca palette has 5. From the images above, you can see that the tones of the shadows in the UD palette are more ashen and cool toned versus the Becca palette which leans more on the warm, neutral spectrum (this is more evident in the first swatch photos for each of the palettes).

Depending on your skin tone and even eye color, those factors can help determine which palette may best suit your qualities. In terms of helping your shadow apply more smoothly, blend better, and wear longer, be sure you utilize a shadow primer prior to application. Shadow primers can make a huge difference, especially when working with mattes as often times a matte shadow may have a texture or consistency that is more difficult to get even and to adhere to lids so color shows up true to what is in the pan. You may wish to experiment with a primer with your Tarte palette as well to see if this helps working with those shadows.

Thank you for this very helpful review.  I am definitely going to go with Naked Basics 2!  The swatch pictures you showed me really helped my decision.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing