laurennnlove

Naked palette recommendation?

So I know there are like a million threads on here about the Urban Decay Naked palettes and I have been searching them for quite a while now, but I cannot find the answer to my question, haha.  So I am looking for a recommendation as to which one to get, and what colors will look best on me.  I have wanted to buy one for a while now, but I can't decide!  I just do not think it is necessary for me to buy all three, or even two, since I have soooo much eyeshadow already!  But I love the convenience of having a lot of colors all in one palette, so I am interested in purchasing one.  I have been asking a lot of questions about them and I just want to make sure that I pick the right one and not regret it later because they are so expensive.  So here's what you need to know about me:  I have medium skin tone (I wear bare minerals matte foundation in medium).  I have hazel/green eyes.  I have light brown hair.  I am not afraid of color and I really enjoy playing around with eye makeup.  Hmmm I can't think of anything else you would need to know, but if there is, just let me know and I'll fill you in!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU for your help and for helping me decide which one I should be buying! (:

laurennnlove

Re: Naked palette recommendation?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you for all of your advice everyone! I was originally thinking either 1 or 2 because I thought that the rose colors would look weird on me.  But some of you are mentioning that the colors in 3 are pink-purple colors and i do love purples! haha still can't decide! ahhh 

also quick question and I'm not sure if anyone can answer this. haha. So a lot of other posts talking about naked 1 and naked 2 are mentioning that there is one for cool tones and one for warm tones.  How do I know if I have warm or cool undertones?  Do I need to go into a store to ask someone this?  

My COLOR IQ NUMBER: #4R07.  

A lot of people have been saying that: 

Naked is bronze toned neutrals
Naked 2 is taupe toned neutrals
Naked 3 is pink and peach toned neutrals

I typically do not like gold colors on me, they don't always look great.  So should I stay away from the Naked 1?  I have used a taupe color before and I did like it.

Sorry I'm being so annoying about this!

stacv

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Easoest way to determine cool or warm undertones is to look at the veins in your wrist. If they are blue/purple you are cool, if they are greenish you are warm. There are lots of pics on google if you need further elaboration or fall inbetween/ aren't quite sure about the color of your veins- search the images for "undertone vein wrist."

laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

whoa! I've never heard of this before! so cool! haha looks like im a cool-natural!

SydBristow

I too have hazel green eyes, darker brown hair with auburn in it, Bare Minerals Fair which is pretty light.  I have both 2 and 3, love them both, wouldn't want to be without either but might lean towards 3?

IAmLadyLiterary

I also have hazel eyes and dark brown hair (dyed, I am naturally dark blonde) and I honestly think the Naked 3 is the best, it really is a standout palette and looks great with hazel eyes and its a great palette to play with.  You could also go with Naked 1, I have both and I find myself reaching for 3 more but I also have fair skin so I'm not sure how that would change how the colours look on you.

glossyguru

Naked 1 would probably work best for you. Naked 3 would look beautiful on your hazel eyes, but the rosy tones in that palette show up best on lighter skin tones, and it might be borderline for your medium shaded skin. And judging by your foundation shade, you have a neutral skin tone, so Naked 2 would look nice on you as well, but I have all 3 palettes and I feel that the consistency and staying power of the shadows is better in Naked 1

marydiva

Ahhh, making up the choice can be so rough! I have 2 and 3 and I'm considering getting 1! 

tracygirl64

From how you described yourself, I think that Naked 1 or Naked 3 would be best for you. I'm leaning more towards Naked 3 for you, though. 

Tayvm

Naked 1 would probably be your best bet with your colouring. Or Naked 3. It really depends on what you like to wear ... brown-based or pink-based. I have all three and use them all regularly. Naked 3 probably gets the most use at the moment because I love purple and pink toned taupe shadows. Do you know anyone that owns them that you could do a trial run with each?

laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

no i do not unfortunately :smileysad: and everyone shopping at sephora probably thinks I'm a freak because i stand in front of the 3 palettes staring, comparing, and swatching.  but i still can't make up my mind!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • stacv
    • glossyguru
    • SydBristow
    • Tayvm