Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Naked 1 palette or Chocolate Bar palette?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Naked 1 palette or Chocolate Bar palette?

I think I may go for the semi-sweet palette instead of the chocolate bar palette. Would you guys get the naked 1 palette or the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette?

Anonymous Insider

Or even the new Too Faced natural love palette? I'm sorry there's just such a wide range of selections

I'm definitely the minority here. I would say naked 1 hands down. There were only a couple of colors from chocolate bar I liked, otherwise it was a bad purchase for me. I feel like the pigmentation just isn't there. I love naked 1 and I've been able to travel with it for years. Only after 6 ish years did the packaging finally die on me, so I moved it to my diy magnetic palette. 

I really hate recommending Too Faced right now because they have pissed me off recently, but honestly you can't go wrong with the chocolate bar palette. It really is great and much more versatile than the Naked 1. 

Anonymous Insider

I'm sorry about that. Are the shimmery shades in the Chocolate Bar palette as good as the Naked1? I've heard about lots of fallout with the Naked1 too. 

Ive had both and I prefer the Too Faced Choclate Bar.  I gave away my Naked 1 as I never touched it anymore.  Its not bad but I prefer warmer colours over neutrals.  I returned my Choclate bar palette only because the chocolate scent irritated my eyes and made them water.  But it pained me to return it cause I really love the shades and formula otherwise.  

Chocolate Bar if you LOVE warm soft browns (Salted Caramel), and warm champagne shimmers (Marzipan). Don't get this palette if you're looking at the seemingly beautiful purple/violet and olive shades—they suck 😞

Urban Decay if you prefer neutrals. It also has grey/silver shades to balance out your smoky eye needs 🙂

(Personally I hardly touch my Naked 1)

Chocolate Bar if you have very, very few palettes. It's a great starter. While I love it, I'm also thoroughly convinced that the amazing smell is a factor in the "experience" of enjoying this palette.

Naked 1 if you need more shimmer in your life. It's a forever classic, but it gets a bit of hate now because as we get older, shimmer looks less good on us (and I feel the OG Naked crowd is starting to hit that age, even if barely..or maybe I'll just speak for myself to be safe here lol)

Neither are my favorites but they're both excellent for people who are relatively new to makeup/eyeshadow. TONS of tutorials for both.

Best of luck deciding!

Ugh I hate to hear that as we get "older" shimmer looks "less good on us"  because this simply is not true.  I was past "that age" when the palettes were introduced!  I'm 63 and own all of the Naked palettes and they look great on me.  It's an individual thing, please choose the palette you like and think looks good on you!

And btw, I still wear glitter, ie my photo lol. So there's always ways around it haha

@anaa i definitely believe in people wearing what makes them happy! but as for me, the texture I've started to notice isn't making me happy lol. Im fighting back with skincare and good primers but my own personal experience is what makes me say what I said 🙂

@Anonymous When you look at your eyeshadow collection what do you feel you are missing?

Do you need more mattes? If so then maybe you'd like the chocolate bar palette more. I find this palette has more variety for everyday use, but the shimmers don't pack the punch that the UD ones do.

If you would prefer more shimmers, the Naked palette would be a better addition. If you like shimmery golds this is also the palette for you. I wouldn't get this one unless you like golden undertone shades.

They are both very neutral palettes so you'd probably enjoy either. I probably prefer Urban Decay's eyeshadow formula more. Too Faced shadows are muddy on me and fade quickly.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks guys, but why do you say so? I liked the Naked1 for its packaging and it's like an add-on to my smashbox palette. But I've heard much better reviews on the Chocolate Bar Palette. I'm also a huge fan of Too Faced: I have the highlight and the bronzer. Still can't decide between these two. @JaneanBT @quspork@StyleLynn@kdanielle0x

My reason is that I think the quality of shadows in the Naked 1 are far superior than the shadows in the chocolate bar palette. I also think that the shadows in the chocolate bar all swatch the same sort of brown! Cherry cordial doesn't look like a nice deep burgundy but just another shade of brown. Gilded ganache when swatched, again brown, no hints of dark green.

For the record though, I do like the semi-sweet more than the original. I think it smells better and the formula seems better to me!

@Anonymous  but if I were to choose between the semi-sweet and Naked 1, I would still choose the Naked 1!

Which Smashbox Palette do you have?

Anonymous Insider

I have the Smashbox Cover Shot: Eye Palettes (matte). Every shade is matte, so I'd like to have some shimmery ones.

Hi @Anonymous,

I love the Naked 1 Palette. I hit pan on all but 3 or 4 shades in the palette. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I vastly prefer the Naked 1. I've hit pan in several of the colors of that one, but rarely reach for the Chocolate Bar. 

The Chocolate Bar Palette!

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing