cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex or Benefit Rollerlash? Which one and why?

Re: Mascara

Depends on what kind of look you're going for (and maybe what kind of lashes you have).

I don't have luck with BTS because I have typical Asian lashes and the accompanying issues—extra clumping issues, issues with getting mascara on my lids (too lazy to use a card), etc.—and I find the formula and brush make it too clumpy for me.

Rollerlash was generally cleaner to apply (thank nylon brushes!) and effective at curling/lengthening (well, as much as I can tell), but it has almost zero volumizing effect. So, if that's what you're looking for, I might look elsewhere.

(The other  suspects—They're Real!, Lights Camera Lashes, Perversion—were either too wet for me or just came along after I'd lost patience.)

I might ask what kind of results you're looking for, as the two picks you mentioned are quite different. As far as an everyday mascara (like Rollerlash), I enjoy Smashbox Full Exposure, even with its traditional brush. If you're looking for extra drama (like BTS), someone just posted a thread featuring Dior Pump'n'Volume and it looks like a true HG mascara (nylon brush, too!).

@Anonymous I've never tried the BTS, but it seems most people either love it or hate it. While I've hear it gives dramatic results, I've also heard heard it gets very clumpy.

I have tried Rollerlash and I do like it a lot. When it first came out, there was a thread dedicated to it. You might want to check it out:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Benefit-Rollerlash-Before-amp-After/m-p/1891748#M53409

I've never tried Benefit, but I used to really love Too Faced BTS. The past few times I bought it, it seemed to get clumpy much faster. And like Janean said, it definitely it better for more dramatic occasions! 

Hi @Anonymous.

I like Too Faced Better Than Sex to a point. Rollerlash I like as a everyday mascara and Too Faced Better Than Sex is great for a more dramatic look. Eventually, I find that Too Faced Better Than Sex does get clumpy. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing