Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara

What's the best curling mascara?

Re: Mascara

Per-fekt Beauty Liquid Lash Curler is the bomb. Use by itself or as a primer... LOVE IT

Glad you posted; I have fine, sparse lashes and have not found one mascara that doesn't make my lashes uncurl the minute applied. I actually do a don't (gently curl my lashes after mascara).  I have tried the Dior - it didn't help.  I will try the Wander product.

Totally agree with @MaliBT, Wander Beauty's Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara is my new HG!

Hi @sultananatalie

I think you might like the Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara or the Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara!

Best,

Mali

thank you!

@MaliBT-  Are there any mascaras that curl just by pushing upward during application so I don't have to use a curler?  I have deep set eyes, so using a curler is a huge challenge. Fairy Drops Scandal Queen (sadly discontinued) used to hold a curl with no curler involved. I'm using the FD Platinum now, but wondering if there is a US available mascara that does the same thing. The Dior didn't hold a curl for me, I have pretty stubborn lashes.

@prettyinpa, I feel ya on the Fairy Drops Scandal Queen!

I so wish Sephora never stopped carrying it!

Have you tired Benefit's Roller Lash or Smashbox's X-Rated? I'm currently going between the two and like both formulas. I will say that the Benefit RL does dry quicker so it's not the best formula to continuously build up on, but because it is so quick drying I often use it as the "last coat" mascara to lock in curl when I layer it with other formulas. The X-Rated has been a more recent find that I'm really enjoying. The 3 sided brush does require a learning curve (but hey, so did the FD SQ formula when I first got it), but once you get the hang it's so nice to use! I use the flat edge to distribute product and lift since that allows for the maximum surface area of the brush to touch along my lashes as I sweep upward, and then I'll use the edge to comb through if needed for added separation. The reason why I really enjoy this one is because it's super buildable for volume without being a clumpy, thickening mess. It stays soft/flexible enough on lashes where you can add more layers, but it doesn't get bulky to where it drags lashes down. Plus it doesn't flake or smudge! I tested it at my day job by applying coats randomly from 8-5 and had zero issues each time brushing more product on.

@lylysa-  Thanks for the in-depth review of these 2 mascaras. I've tried Roller Lash before but never as a topper. It migrates on me on windy days, but maybe with a tubing type under it, it will stay put. I have a Kevin Aucoin tubing mascara that doesn't curl (even though it was supposed to) so maybe that goes underneath.  Will let you know.

I haven't tried the Smashbox one yet, maybe something I'll pick up in the April sale if it occurs.

You're welcome, you know I can never leave my fellow Fairy Drops lover behind! 😄

Hi @prettyinpa

I would try BADgal Lash Mascara by Benefit! The other one I've had good results with without using a curler is stila's Huge Extreme Lash Mascara.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Best,

Mali

Thanks for the recommendations, @MaliBT.  I actually own some of these so I'm going to put them to the test!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing