michmo

Mascara: Which do you prefer?

Do you like a mascara that is on the dry side or a more wet formula?  

Do you have a favorite Mascara?

glossyguru

Re: Mascara: Which do you prefer?

(0) Hearts

I personally prefer a more dry formula, just because wet mascaras are just too... wet. But I don't like a mascara that's TOO dry, does that even make any sense. Lol whatever I'm still on the hunt for the best mascara, but I've really enjoyed the Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascaras1306299-main-hero.jpg

JChristina19

(0) Hearts

I like a mascara that has an even application. Like, when I take the wand out, it won't be too dry nor wet. I like it just right. :smileywink: I LOVE:

-Buxom Lash

-Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

-Benefit They're Real Mascara (But beware that the top may have a lot of procuct so just slide some off at the top of the bottle)

:smileyhappy:

makeupmaven

I like a wet formula because it's easier to spread/ build without a spidery effect. My favorite is DiorShow Extase. It's not waterproof but it lasts pretty well (have found it to be sweat-proof/ dancefloor- proof). My lashes aren't super thick or long but they are thick enough that I prefer volumizing formulas to add structure (especially for a smokey eye). If I have too much on the brush I just wipe it off on a tissue.

A little tip that some of you may know (doesn't work with all mascaras)-- if you need to reapply to go from day to night, wet the tips of your fingers, and apply the bit of water to the lashes..then you can apply another coat without a clumpy effect. This probably wouldn't work as well with a really dry or super liquidy formula.

laurabt

Thanks for the great tip Makeupmaven! :smileyhappy: -Laura

BlushHoarder

Starting to love the BareMinerals Lash Domination right now.

nakedlunch212

I have to use drier formula mascaras. Otherwise, it won't hold the curl My current favorite is Diorshow Waterproof, but I really like Givenchy Noir Couture Waterproof too.

michmo

I think I like the "wet" formulas better.  This may seem weird, but I seem to get a bit more mess with the dry formulas because I keep swiping it through my lashes so many times trying to build it up that inevitably I end up hitting the top of my lid or getting it in my eye.  The wet formulas I can swipe less thus for me ends up neater.  

Meg82

I don't have super strong opinions on wet vs. dry, but like lylysa said, I prefer a moist formula.  Not too too wet, but not dry either.

For me what's more important than the consistency is the shape of the wand.  I need like cone shape or a wonky spiral (like in lash domination) or some other irregular or overly large wand.  I'm not sure why, but something about the irregular shape helps with my tremor.  So really I will take wet or dry as long as the wand is wonky.

My favorite mascara of the moment is Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes but I am not very loyal to my mascara's.  I mostly get deluxe samples and use a bunch of different products.  Next up is too faced better than sex.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

another somewhat wonky wand is the smashbox full exposure! its an amazing mascara :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

[ Edited ]

I like a more wet formula, but I would even break it down and say more "moist" then "wet". I think mascaras that are so wet  to the point of being liquid or fluid works well for basic defining mascaras as the goal isn't to coat on a bunch of product so it's good to keep a clean, natural feel. The "moist" formulas aren't as thin so they allow you to build volume and depth without drying down too quick and getting crunchy or hard on lashes when trying to add 2 or more coats.

Plus, I prefer a mascara that has a soft dry down, ones that get crunchy and hard tend to flake and risk falling into the eye. Soft ones stay flexible on lashes and don't have the tendency to break down.

My favorite is Fairy Drops Scandal Queen....so sad Sephora stopped carrying it! :smileysad:

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Your description in spot on. I agree with this. 

keelybt

I like my mascara a little on the wet side so it glides on, but so wet that it leaves marks if I don't let it dry.  I love DIOR Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara.  It lengthens, separates and keeps a nice curl.

swfupload_5940510231996514632.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-iconic-overcurl-mascara-P377821?skuId=1497940

Spyski

I think I prefer a more drier consistency. I feel like it grabs more, instead of slipping off or getting on my lids. I like Benefit's They're Real because I already have long lashes and it gives them just the right about of volume and length without looking overly dramatic. Diorshow is my go-to waterproof mascara as it leaves a feathery volumized finish without that watery texture most waterproof mascaras have I noticed. I've yet to try Fairydrops Scandal Queen as that seems to be an old favorite among other BTers here.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • keelybt
    • lylysa
    • lillyjumper
    • nakedlunch212
    • Spyski