PrettayinPink

Mascara Nightmares! HELP.

(0) Hearts

Hi Everyone, So lately I have been sick of changing mascaras soooo many times and it pains me to say but I can't do it anymore! HELP. I have been thinking about trying Benefits They're Real! Mascara. Any recommendations on mascaras?

SilveryPink

Re: Mascara Nightmares! HELP.

(0) Hearts

I always keep coming back to Cliniques Lash Doubling (it seems to work on everyone I've tried it on) and Lancomes Definicils. 

Ginger74

(0) Hearts

If you want a waterproof thickening mascara, I suggest Clinique's volumizing mascara. Sometimes my allergies are REALLY bad and my eyes will water 24/7. When that happens, this is the mascara I use. 

It's waterproof, does not clump, really thickens my lashes, and comes off easily with eye makeup remover. Love it!!

shayray

(0) Hearts

you should try Sephora's Outrageous Volume Mascara.. I do the same thing and go from mascara to mascara. Another nice one is YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll. The Benefit They're Real Mascara is just okay, but I think it dries out too soon. 

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Have you tried a lash primer? Lancome's keeps the mascara in place and lashes look fuller.

Or try a tubing mascara.

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

No I haven't. I will definitely have to try that!

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

Ugh, I feel your pain! Personally, I've found two that seem to be unconditional winners:

bareMinerals Lash Domination mascara

MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara 

(MUFE is my HG, but if you prefer a plastic bristle brush, go for bareMinerals. I love, love both, I just prefer the synthetic bristle brush, frankly.)

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

I definitely don't need  lengthening, my eyelashes already reach to my eyebrows almost on their own. But I do want a waterproof thickening mascara.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

I use different mascaras for different levels of lash intensity. What exactly do you want out of your mascara? Do you want waterproof, lengthening, thickening, etc?

I have the They're Real! mascara and it's basically my special occasion mascara for when I want my lashes to look really thick and long and well, fake, haha. It's not a waterproof formula though and it can be a pain to get off (you'll need a really good eye makeup remover and some patience). I still love it a lot however. For day to day I prefer Benefit's Bad Gal mascara or Dior's Extase.

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

I definitely don't need lengthening, my eyelashes already reach to my eyebrows almost on their own. But I do want a waterproof thickening mascara.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

Okay for drugstore I love the Covergirl flamed out waterproof mascara. It really thickens and curls for me but I don't get much length.

For high end the Buxom waterproof mascara really seemed to thicken for me. 

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

Thank You sooo much! has definitely saved me some pain.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • StraightRhodes
    • Ginger74
    • SilveryPink
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • lilahtov
    • PrettayinPink