MintShake

Mac Neutral Warm Palette :D

I don't get too excited for palettes, however the neutral warm palette from MAC is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours here. pinks, golds, browns, I can actually see myself using all of the colours,unlike some other palettes ( Naked 2, I'm looking at you). However, it's a bit pricey, $100, however, the average mac eyeshadow costs 12-15 dollars, so in reality, it should be priced at 180-225 dollars. What do you girls think? http://www.allurabeauty.com/2014/mac-eye-shadow-x15-warm-neutral-palette-review-photos-swatches/

ProperIntro

Re: Mac Neutral Warm Palette :D

(0) Hearts

Can you see yourself using 80% of the colors all the time and wear this 90% of your life? If so go for it.  

firefly02

(0) Hearts

I love Mac eyeshadows, I really do, but their collections can't beat their permanent line. I really think everyone can build a palette like this over time, and it'd be much, much, much, better in quality. Besides, you can't really depot these, so that's a real bummer.

Also, I don't get the price point - when you have so many neutral palettes on the market anywhere from 20-something to 50-something bucks, why would anyone spend 100$?

ladymeag

This is an addition to their permanent line and made up of permanent shades, is my understanding. This palette, if you built it in the 15-pan on MAC's website would cost you $160.  (I'm thinking on picking up the cool - the reason I'd pay $100 for this with "so many" $20 - $50 options for neutral palettes? Many are warm or bronze-toned. Or, like NARSissist at $80, are tiny. These at least are like Urban Decay's Naked line in that they are full size shadows.) 

I agree with you that it's a bummer they didn't put this in the loose-pan palette so that you could swap out shades you don't use. 

MintShake

(0) Hearts

The naked Palettes don't work for me, because of the glittery fallout, and some of the colours I found were useless. I guess I'd swatch the colours in person before buying the palette.

Kiki1517

I've been thinking about getting it. I have 2 filled MAC palettes already and only have TWO of the shadows in this palette. It really is a good deal if you are planning to buy enough to fill a palette anyway. I would probably wait until Nordstrom gets this in March like Nikki said. At that price, you could def score a GWP online. The counter in store never has GWP.

annypoo

If I had the extra $100 to spend on a single makeup palette, I totally would.......

missfawnie

Oh my goodness- why do you do this to me?! That palette is GORGEOUS. I need it in my life like nowww.

Unfortunately, the price tag always keeps me away from purchasing any MAC palette. I think my money is going to the MJ Lolita palette next. :smileyhappy: 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

It's really pretty, but not $100 pretty. So many shadows I already have that are super similar, I think I'll pass...

nikki

(0) Hearts

I wonder if the quality is on par with the singles, or lower, like some of the MAC palettes are. Is it LE? When does it come out?

It looks gorgeous, I'm very tempted.

MintShake

I heard it is permanent, and I think the quality is excellent as the singles. It already came out online, and I personally would buy it, especially if you're just getting into makeup. Some colors are limited edition, or re-promoted, and some are part of the permanent collection, and some are new, so it's a mix. 

nikki

(0) Hearts

Awesome, if it's permanent I can wait for a great GWP or something from Nordies and don't have to run and grab it right away. I do love MAC, but I have a zillion palettes, so its not something I have to have right this second.

The Cool swatches are great as well, I might have to have both eventually.

Titian06

Isn't that palette gorgeous!  I've actually never been tempted by any MAC products before until I saw that.  I thought it was pricey until I figured out that each color comes out to $6.67 ($100/15).  Assuming the colors are full size, that's a good deal.  We're used to paying around $40 for a palette of 6 colors, so it's just hard to think in terms of 15 (more than twice as many) colors in a palette.  No, I haven't decided if I'm going to get it because it's still $100 in one transaction.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I think it's more on convenience. I'm familiar with MAC eyeshadows, and they have the most variety of any company that I know of, and the quality is amazing. They are full-sized, and I mean I suppose it's easier to get a less-expensive palette, but for me it's more of a quality thing than variety,

ljp93

Oh my gosh whyyyy… I'm all over that palette right now! I need it in my life! :smileysurprised:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • nikki
    • ladymeag
    • ProperIntro
    • MintShake
    • Titian06
    • Kiki1517