prosopon

Looking for a matte palette

Just learned that my hubby likes more of a matte eye look compared to the sparkle shimmery shadows.  So, I am looking for a versatile matte palette.  Which ones have you tried? What kind of looks do you make with your palette?

DesertRose0706

Re: Looking for a matte palette

I have the Stila in the know palette, a compeltely matte palette, and I really love it!  It has a wide range of colors and the quality is great!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

does it have really good pigment transfer? Ive never tried stila and i saw it in sephora the other day. it looks so pretty

mafan

I love Stila shadows.  I don't know what you consider good pigment transfer.  The colors in the In the Know palette aren't quite as bold on the eyes as they look in the palette (which is nice because I don't want bright red eyes!)

I didn't care too much for the Stila Snow Angel Christmas palette, or whatever it was called, but that one was made in China.  The ones made in the US have much better pigment.  (And if you go for something with shimmer, don't pick up too much at once -- I love Kitten but it's easy for it to be too much!)  I like their shadows as much as Lorac and better than Too Faced or most of the Tarte shadows.  I think they blend much better than the Too Faced shadows do.

prosopon

Thanks again for the replies and suggestions.  I am leaning towards the Too Faced matte palette and the Kat Von D ladybird.  The colors seem right up my alley. 

lylysa

I was just going to suggest the TF palette! The colors also convert to brow or liner colors real easily too!

deedjw

Kat Von D's Ladybird palette!!!  I find I wear some combination of the colors several times a week.  I have had the palette for a couple of months now & have yet to get bored.  My favorite part of the palette is that you can do a great daytime look & a sultry evening look.

ghkim

i have the balm meet matte and kat von d ladybird - they are both good textures, good range, plenty of pigment, and easily blendable. i also had a number of UD matte eyeshadows and mac matte eyeshadows. i definitely like a matte shadow for the crease and sometimes i do an allover matte look with the lighter color on the lid and brow and the darker colors in the crease/outer v. i think matte is nice for a work look where you don't want a lot of shimmer. it is also nice for those of us with puffy eyelids or monolids because sometimes shimmer makes the lids look more puffy with less depth.

aviscardi

I love matte eyes!!! I usually incorporate matte into all my looks but i love an all matte look.

- Sonia kashuk eye on neutrals 

- UD Naked Basics

- Kat Von D ladybird palette ( i personally am waiting til fall to purchase this :smileyhappy:

- Lorac Pro (1 row of all matte)

- The balm meet matte and meet matte nude (hautelook has the balm on frequently so keep an eye out)

*Another option MUG e/s has really awesome matte shades! and if you get the pans and use a zpalette they're only $6ea. her snh is pretty reasonable too. A few of my faves : preppy, peach smoothie, cocoa bear etc. 

clarks18

Too Faced Matte Eye Palette.  9 mattes colors and not just neutrals.  This is my go to matte palette.  I never do an sll mstte eye.  I usually use a matte shadow under my brow and in my crease.  Sometimes all over the lid but I always throw shimmer in somewhere.  Especailly on the inner corner.  I hope you find a palette that works for you.

michmo

I agree with the suggestion below of Stila In the Know.  It is beautiful.  The shades are so much more versatile than the Naked Basic palette.  

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the replies.  I will look into these options.

poshified

TheBalm's Meet Matte! Or Kat Von D's Ladybird palette :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

I have the UD Naked Basics. The shadows are nice, but I don't think it's incredibly versatile. Maybe I'm not creative enough. However, the first time I made a decent look with this palette, my fiance said my eyes looked really pretty. And he noticed the difference over Skype. It's not too expensive, so overall, I like it. It's nice for a simple day look and makes me look more awake.

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Prosopon, generally most palettes only contain a few matte colors, however we now have at least 2 ALL matte palettes -- yay!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

UD Naked Basics Palette.jpghttp://bit.ly/12y8aCr

Stila In The Know Eye Shadow Palette

Stila In The Know Eye Shadow Palette.jpghttp://bit.ly/WzljaD

desertbr4t

for a matte palette you may want to check out Inglot, they have a lot of matte shades to choose from and you can customize your own palette. the color payoff is amazing. 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Can you purchase Inglot at an actual store or online?

desertbr4t

yes ma'am. i ordered mine online from a store that starts with a B 

Kiki1517

OMG they have superfast shipping to me to since I'm in WA anything that comes through NJ (which seems like everything) takes forever. But since that co is in San Francisco, literally 2 days to get my order. I was so excited! 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • aviscardi