Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Long-term use of NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base

My usual primer hasn't been working very well lately so I tried a sample of the NARS and love it! It seems to dry down my eyelids a bit so I was wondering if anyone has used this long term and noticed any skin issues? I wouldn't want to dry out my skin long term to prevent shadow creasing in the short term.

Thanks!

Re: Long-term use of NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base

@SydBristow I've been using it for years for my oily lids and have not noticed any negative skin issues.

I appreciate the input! The primer works so well, I would like to keep using it!

Hi SydBristow, 

This is my favorite eye shadow primer and I have been using it for at least 3 years now. I have not experienced any long term skin issues with the product, nor any short term skin issues. My eye area is quick to react, as I learned when trying a prescription eyelash growth serum, so I would definitely have experienced something by now. I'm so glad you found an eye shadow primer that you love! 

All my best, 

Megan 

Megan 

Thank you!

Hi @SydBristow ive been using the NARS eye primer for about three years now. My eyelids are on the greasier side and when I tried a sample of the NARS after having used the urban decay or too faced, I realized how much of an impact a great primer can have. I even put it on when I'm not wearing shadow(I have a habit of getting foundation and concealer on my lids). I feel like it mattifies my lid and makes sure there isn't any creasing of those base face products. I do have some fine lines around my crows feet area, but I don't apply too much in that area. I am almost 37 so I do think it's natural aging. I have zero intention of ever swaping out this eye primer. Something I have learned... and this may be a no for some people... I pop off the scraper bit of the bottle when it's getting low and easily get another 2-3 weeks from the bottle. Each bottle lasts me over 6 months.

hope this helps!

Thank you @missjeanie, it does!! 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing