gingerblack

Long lasting + smudge proof eyeshadow?

(0) Hearts

Hi :smileyhappy:

I am interest in getting some suggestions for eyeshadows. I am looking for a product that will stay for a long time. I am looking for something (if it is even made) that will be resistant to artificial tears but more so touching. Like if I touch my eyelid a few times to hold my eye closed. I have tried my normal eyeshadows from the naked palettes, Tarte palette, Too Faced palette, MAC, and Smashbox palettes but they all disappear pretty fast. I use primer from UD and/or a Mac paint pot. I was thinking maybe MUFE's Aqua Shadow would work, but I don't have any experience with them. Can anyone think of anything that might work lol?

Tayvm

Re: Long lasting + smudge proof eyeshadow?

What about the Laura Mercier Caviar sticks?  Top with a coordinating powder.  

ivyxox

Honestly, any powder eyeshadow would come off a little if you touch it :smileytongue: I would recommend you try Nars pro-prime eyeshadow primer. If this doesn't work, try illamasqua sealing gel or MUFE aqua seal (mix it with eyeshadow and apply it), then set the shadow with a loose powder.

Also, have you considered using cream eyeshadows? I like using BB long wear cream eyeshadow and set it with a translucent powder, it lasts on me 24 hours without smudging!

gingerblack

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you!! This is a new situation for me, so I am really inexperienced with different primers or non powder shadows. I am unable to close my eye w/o my hands and I have to put drops in every hour so it makes it really challenging to wear eye makeup. I will look into your suggestions for sure. I am up for anything bc I am close to just wearing an eye patch soon lol.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • gingerblack
    • Tayvm