cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Liquid Liner Help

I've been through a few liquid liners and am finding that I have trouble with liner fading/disappearing on my inner corners. Any suggestions? What do you do to keep your liner long-lasting?

Re: Liquid Liner Help

Hi @Anonymous,

I definitely agree with @lylysa said! I do notice that when I get my eyeliners close to my outer corners it will run or disappear a little. My eyes do tear up a little when I yawn so I definitely suspect this to be the culprit, hahaa! Same will happen with the inner corner too. 

If you're looking for eyeshadow primer suggestions, I'd recommend Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original and NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Both are great primers that are going to extend the wear of eye products and help it last all day. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

Re: Liquid Liner Help

Hi, oliviahegger!

When applying liner to the inner corners, be sure you're not getting so close that the tip of the liquid liner is actually touching along the inside to the eye and thus causing your natural tears/the moisture of the eye to intermingle with the liner formula and thus not settle properly or cause the eyes to water and thus the liner not "sticking" as well to this region. 

If you find that your eyes may naturally water more and this causes liner to break down along the inner corners throughout the day, you may even opt for a gel liner (such as a potted one from Smashbox or Bobbi Brown). These will deliver rich pigment and the consistency makes it a little bit more "heavy duty" compared to a liquid formula so it may withstand being closure to an area that may get moist or tear up better. You might also dab a bit of a colorless eye shadow primer along the skin near the inner corner to provide a bit more grip to your liquid liner so it's not breaking down as quickly.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing