Rachkae

Left hand probs!

So if you might have guessed I am left handed, I've been struggling with mastering winged eyeliner. I was wondering if any of y'all had any tip, tricks or suggestions on how to do so? I've tried being angled above the mirror and looking down and my elbows are always rested on a counter. if you have any suggestions I'll try anything!

Thanks so much!

mpolansky

Re: Left hand probs!

(0) Hearts

I think the type of eyeliner also has a lot to do with it. I struggled with using gel eyeliners and liquid liners until I used the pen style. My absolute favorite is KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper. It creates the thinnest line (seriously pin point). Plus it doesn't budge all day. This is how I learned how to do a winged liner, using a pen style liner and the method that tashalicious posted below. 

http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-liner-P245205?skuId=1177567

With that said, personal preference comes into play, so if one style of eyeliner doesn't work for you, try another! Good luck!

Rachkae

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Im a rightie, and I still have problems. I can't ever apply my bronzer onto my left left properly, its the angle that I have to bend my arm..... Am I the only with this issue?

JayReed

(0) Hearts

nope, I'm in this club too... what an awful club ahahaha

kellsmuneoka

Tape is amazing! It keeps the fallout off your face and it gives you a perfect line for your winged liner. Like lylysa said it gives you a clean line and neat wings. I'm left handed too and I used to think eyeliner was impossible until I started using this technique. 

sjpayne

I just learned to do my right eye first.  If I do my left eye first, it'll look perfect and will only serve to frustrate me when the right eye doesn't turn out as well.

The triangle trick posted by tashalicious is what I use.

Rachkae

I defiantly have those days where one eye looks amazing and the other looks... Like a mess! I'm just like really, thanks

lylysa

et.jpg

Try using a piece of scotch tape or painter's tape (even a Post-It Note) applied lightly along the outer corner and edge of the eye (careful not to tape down any lashes) and use this as a guide, you can apply two pieces (one on each eye) prior to drawing your wing to be sure things are aligned properly before you begin, it can also work to give you a crisp, straight edge.

This technique also works if you want to create the look with shadow, just dust along the tape to create a taper extending beyond your outer corner, then lightly remove tape for a clean line and removing shadow fallout.

m3rma1d

I'm right-handed and can't get it right, so..... :smileytongue:

tashalicious

i'm also Left handed, and i've been wearing winged liner all the time ever since i learned the triangle technique.

tumblr_mp7ses60p01qhs7xko1_1280.png

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa
    • mpolansky
    • Rachkae
    • tashalicious