ZGJames

Just order Urban Decay Eyeliner

Hi,

I order the Urban Decay Eyeliner but do I sharpen the pencil or is the tip all of the eyeliner?

thesupergirl

Re: Just order Urban Decay Eyeliner

(0) Hearts

You do sharpen them if you don't have the grindhouse loreal has a good sharpener. But take my advice don't use a cheap sharpener I use wet n wild it practically ruined them!

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think the grindhouse sharpener is the best!  it is the only one I've been able to sharpen a pencil and never break off the tips of the liners.

morganmay92

(0) Hearts

I also love the UD 24/7 eyeliner, it doesn't smudge, well at least for me that is. I generally have a hard time finding eyelienr that wont make me look like I have raccoon eyes after an hour. Yes, you can use a pencil sharpener with it but I recommend getting the grind house sharpener not only for the 24/7 pencils but also for any other pencil liners. $10 is a littler pricey for a sharpener but honestly it's the best I've ever had compared to cover girl and etc.

garnett

I LOVE the UD 24/7 eyeliners.  I have deep set eyes so wearing dark and very dramatic eye shadows make me looked like someone socked me in the face but I can wear great eyeliners and pull off dark and dramatic colors that way.

SydBristow

I have a regular sharpener but found when I got the UD Grindhouse it does a superb job sharpening the 24/7 liners! 

I looooove UD 24/7 liners! I am accumulating quite a collection, my most recent purchase was Ocho Loco 2, and the liners in it are divine. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

You definitely sharpen it. If its not the twist kind them it's the sharpening kind, don't make the mistake of throwing it away, lol. One note, you should have a sharpener strictly for eyeliners so you don't get bacteria/dirty stuff contaminate your pencil tip and thus your eyes (occasionally wiping/cleaning the sharpener with alcohol also works).

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

It's a pencil so treat it as such.  What may help you to get a sharp tip with UD liners is to chill the pencil for an hour or so before sharpening.  And use Grindhouse:  it is worth every penny.

lissay

[ Edited ]

I have a question about the UD 24/7 glide on eyeliner. i've never figured out how to "twist" it and it doesn't sharpen so I threw it out and just ordered some more today. What am I missing with this one. Do you know where specifically to twist it? I feel dumb for asking but I assumed once it was flat, it was gone.

prettyinpa

The 24/7 eyeliners actually do sharpen, they don't twist, they just look like they twist. I use UD's Grindhouse sharpener and get a nice sharp end every time. The little collecting cover on it is nice to keep shavings from going everywhere and making a mess. Plus it has stayed sharp for years and UD is having their 20% off sale, yipee!

lissay

(0) Hearts

Great! Good to know but sad I threw the other one away. Girl, I hit that sale first thing this morning. I "banned" myself from going back on there but I may have to to get the sharpener now and maybe a few other  things I talked myself out of, eek!!! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lissay
    • prettyinpa
    • ChicDabbler
    • ZGJames
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • garnett