joeanne

It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara - Thoughts?

Does anyone use this? I've been looking at it for a while now but can't make up my mind. It seems like a great idea, but the reviews are kind of split down the middle, either you love it or you hate it.

Since the only reviews I really trust are from you lovelies here on BT,  does anyone have an opinion on this mascara?

kimchikween

Re: It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara - Thoughts?

I agree with mberteig.  I, too, was drawn in by the videos but it hasn't really worked for me.  I have a lot of other it Cosmetics products I love, but not this one.

I found a better effect following Wayne Goss's tip of putting a gel liner on an eyelash curler - really lifts the lashes (not so much for the tightlining).

Their Hello Lashes mascara is great though as a mascara - not so much for lengthening or added volume, but a really "my lashes but better", enhanced natural look.  I also like the wand for short lashes.

joeanne

I think I'm going to skip this. It doesn't sound like the tightlining effect is that good, so I'll stick with my regular mascara!

That's a neat trick that you mentioned from Wayne Goss! I'll have to give that a try - thanks!

mberteig

I bought it based on a video I saw, but I'm kind of on the fence about it.  I like it as a lash primer, or a casual mascara for a light look.  However, it is next to impossible to get the tightline effect.  The product is a little messy to apply, as it is on the thin side and is goopy.  I'm still playing around with it, maybe I need to practice more to get good results, but I will most likely not repurchase.

joeanne

Thanks for the honest opinion! That's what lots of reviews say, and that's exactly what i don't want! I'm interested in it for the tightlining effect, so maybe I'll pass!

BuxomBabe80

I haven't found it to be messy at all. But I haven't tried it for tightlining. I didn't buy it for that use. I bought it to use a primer and to coat all my lashes, even the itty bitty ones I usually miss. I love it and would definitely repurchase. I will get the waterproof version next time though. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • kssweetheart
    • joeanne
    • Neubi
    • bad823
    • kimchikween