LolaAngelique

I used to use FRESH Supernova Mascara but now that it is discontinued what is the next best mascara?

i loved the FRESH Mascara, but now it is no longer availble what is an amazing black mascara that volumises, lengthenes & thickens lashes while not flaking, clumping or drying out lashes.

Preferably not waterproof & conditioning as well if possible!

Thanks,

HelloCoffee

Re: I used to use FRESH Supernova Mascara but now that it is discontinued what is the next best masc

(0) Hearts

I really like Clinique High Impact (the original one).  It thickens and lengthens, is glossy and doesn't smudge....also comes off easily with makeup remover or soap/water. 

julsiejen

Re: I used to use FRESH Supernova Mascara but now that it is discontinued what is the next best masc

(0) Hearts

Oh, how I miss Supernova mascara!  I have used it for years and my last tube is now down to just about nothing.  I have extremely sensitive skin and  most mascaras cause my eyes to swell and itch (lovely!).  I received a sample of Makeup Forever's Smoky Extravagant, and while it's no Supernova, it definitely gives me the volume I'm looking for.  The brush takes some practice to master, but I've not had any issues with clumps.  No flaking or drying out my lashes, either.  The length's not quite there, but the most important thing for me is that I'm not allergic to it.  

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi LolaAngelique,

I used to use the mascara too. I think that you have already been given some awesome recommendations, YSL Baby Doll is one of my favs. I also found that the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara is similar and has conditioning ingredients too.

tarte.jpg

<3 Melissa
malday

I hated the TF BTS mascara. Horribly messy, and I'm not bad at applying mascara at all. You might want to try Perricone MD No Mascara Mascara or YSL Babydoll. The Perricone one isn't black, it's a very dark brown, but it is supposed to nourish, condition, and strengthen lashes with continual use.

bee814

(0) Hearts

I agree with the Better than Sex suggestion. It's the one I'm currently using - very volumizing but a bit trickier to apply. It can clump and seems to get all over my eyelid if I'm not careful. And it smudges throughout the day. Still looks the most like Supernova though!

I bought the Sephora mascara bestseller sampler to try out some new mascaras, and I found that Tarte Amazonian Clay was great as well but I had an issue with clumping. Sephora's Volumizing Mascara was actually pretty good, but the applicator was a bit too stiff for me.

I miss Fresh Supernova SO MUCH. It was just perfect for my lash type. I bought a few off Amazon but the supply is diminishing... I don't know why production was stopped, it seems like the Fresh brand is only getting more and more popular so there should be no reason to stop selling such a great mascara.

beautifulneko

(0) Hearts

I feel the same way. I love fresh supernova mascara. I like my lashes to be really soft- not hard or crunchy. I have tried other types of mascara and even  tarte's amazonian clay(although soft) makes my eyes itch. my eyes are sensitive to different types of chemicals and fresh mascara did not make my eyes itch and my lashes were still soft. 

any suggestions on that score?

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, which is great for lashes (has the conditioning properties that you want).  It can get a little clumpy though, so I always use a primer with it or comb it out.

mztle

(0) Hearts

Too Faced Better Than Sex has been the next best mascara for me aside from Fresh Supernova :smileyhappy: Doesn't flake.. doesn't clump (unless you apply 3 coats) and super nourishing which doesn't dry out lashes :smileyhappy: 

kstarss12

(0) Hearts

I tried Two Faced Better Than Sex and I thought it was wonderful until later in the day when it started flaking horribly. On the plus side it adds wonderful length and I like the shape of the brush.

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I noticed BtS flaking as well, but I tried a mascara primer and no more flakies! I'm so glad, too, since it does such an amazing job on my lashes. :smileyhappy:

lnn24

(0) Hearts

I'm in the same boat! I loved Supernova, because it left my lashes soft, rather than brittle, while I was wearing it. Sadly, I've had no luck finding a replacement yet. Currently trying Too Faced's Better Than Sex... not sure it's a keeper yet or not.

mfss

(0) Hearts

It's not discontinued, just not avaiable at sephora anymore.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

It doesn't appear to be available on any other site either (Amazon, Neimans, Barneys). It may not be discontinued, but it definitely appears to be unavailable outside ebay.

LolaAngelique

(0) Hearts

Apologies i should clarify - i dont wnat it to be waterproof but i DO wnat it to be conditioning if possible.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • malday
    • bee814
    • melissabt
    • mztle
    • Urbie
    • LolaAngelique