gogreyhound

I need some colors in a Palette!

Hi all! Happy Independence day!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

I was wanting to play around with eyeshadows last night, and realized I really have no pretty, lighter colors of eyeshadows!  My eyeshadow collection is a vast desert of neutrals and dark, smokey colors.

I have Naked 1 and 3, and Naturally Pretty by IT, and Nars Kauaii, and a Lancome with Pink, dark purple and grey...plus a few random singles in plums, grays and greens. Everything is Dark! 

I have fair, pink-toned skin, and want a palette that has a variety of pretty, lighter colors ( pink, blues,lavenders, greens, etc) that are wearable and not too glittery...and please, NOT the UD ELectric, I have seen that and it is not for me.  

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

gogreyhound

Re: I need some colors in a Palette!

Ooooooh! Thanks all of you!! I knew you would give me some great ideas!! I have seen the Stila "in the garden " palette and was thinking of that, as well as Kitten and the MJ palette sounds goo, too! I had stalked the KVD Chrysalis Palette as well, may check that out!  It helps me to have a list or something when I go, because as I have mentioned I tend to get very ovverwhelmed at the store then I blank out and end up not buying anything at all. I will write all of these down, stalk them, and then go look! Thanks you are all da best!!! xoxo

m3rma1d

Urban Decay Ammo palette! 

Also Marc Jacobs The Siren. 

MysticalAngel

Second the Ammo Palette! It has fun colours and they are very wearable. :smileyhappy:

m3rma1d

Isn't it great? I find myself reaching for it A LOT when I want some good color but nothing too "wild".

MysticalAngel

Same! Or I mix some of the colors with my neutrals for a change in my usual look.

my favourite color in the pallet is Last Call? I only got it last March and I've already hit pan! I need to buy a full-size of that color when I'm done with it in the pallet! :smileyhappy:

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah, Ammo and Basics together is #winning!!

Last Call is GORGEOUS! And so easy to make dark or light.

gogreyhound

I had seen the Ammo one online too, will write it down! thanks! :smileyhappy:

MK89

I'm surprised Lari didn't suggest the MJ Siren paltte to you :smileyvery-happy: It's definitely wearable, especially if you use a light hand. The colors are very pretty and pair well with neutrals to add a little extra to your look

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

Because I didn't get a chance to reply yet! :smileyvery-happy: Thank you for doing my job for me!

I will second the MJ Siren Palette. I know it's a splurge, and I also know it looks extremely intimidating in the pan. Don't be scared. You can make them as sheer or as intense as you want, and it's super easy to make a beautifully blended pastel eye look without much effort. And when you're ready to take it a step further, you can build up the intensity in a jiffy, too. It's a super versatile palette that really makes 'color' accessible to the modern working woman, imo. It definitely helps that all of the shadows are super buttery, blend smoothly, and last all day without any creasing or fallout whatsoever. There are six shimmer shades and the darkest blue/green shade has soooome glitter, but it's really quite refined and subtle on the skin. Give it a looksie!

I find that it's totally worth it if it's in your budget.

MK89

^ Everything she said :smileywink:

meagboho

This morning I went to do an independence day red white and blue look and didn't have anything red! I decided I need to get something with lots of colors. :smileyhappy:  If you check the what are you wearing thread, I posted a picture of sephora's color my life palette, which has a million colors, and surprisingly good/decent quality.

H216

Stila has some great options with color:

In The Light: coppers/slate blue/mostly shimmers

In The Moment: neutrals& purples

In The Know: pink/mauve/peach/browns

In The Garden: greens/blue/purple & lighter neutrals- prob most variety in this one as to what you're looking for

Loretta55

I know that you are looking for a palette but I have been doing many looks as of late based around Stila kitten. I use different individual shades of Stila eyeshadows. I am very happy with the quality of them.

andyhtrieu

image.jpg

The new Lorac Pro 2 palette has a good variety of colors. 

nightknight

BH Cosmetics has some nice colors, especially in their larger palettes.

Here are a few of theirs I think you might like.

• Eye's On The 80's Palette
  • BH Party Girl Palette
  • Eye's On The 60's Palette
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • nightknight
    • MysticalAngel
    • Loretta55