guggaboo

I have blue gray eyes but I don't like neutral eye shadow. What colors go well?

beautylovingirl

Re: I have blue gray eyes but I don't like neutral eye shadow. What colors go well?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Colors like Nars  , Tzarine and Vent Glace' would all be great choices they may look a little neutral but I think you'll be surprised once you apply them and I love Nars and you can also bump up the intensity with a wet brush.

1. Vent Glace'

2.Tzarine

s1433879-main-hero[1].jpgs1263557-main-hero[1].jpg

starletta8

Re: I have blue gray eyes but I don't like neutral eye shadow. What colors go well?

(0) Hearts

I have light blue eyes myself and I tend to reach for the following colors generally:

• Greys/Silvers (My faves: Laura Mercier Pewter, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Steel)
  • Purples/Lilacs (Current fave: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Orchid, Honorable mention to MUFE Aqua Cream)
  • Khakis (I know, possibly neutral- but just wait for the second part of this post.  Currently loving Clinique Chubby Stick in #05 Whopping Wilow)
  • Light blues/greens (Try Clinique Chubby Stick in Big Blue, Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade River)

I'm admittedly not a huge neutral eye fan myself (I don't own the Naked palettes, for example), but lately I've had fun with a just-off-skintone eyeshadow (like MUFE Aqua Cream #15) and a POP eyeliner, especially in purple, teal, etc.  It's another fun way to bring in color- IMO.

dianabt

Hi guggaboo, 

I agree that purples and silvers would look so pretty with your eye color! They will really make your eyes stand out and with a bit of a shimmer you'll be sure to have a gorgeous pop of color to brighten your eyes. :smileyhappy: look at some of the duos from Nars or even the Urban Decay singles for a beautiful variety of colors:

Nars

Tokyo (silver and lavender shimmer)

swfupload_7754534544842770554.jpg

Habanera

swfupload_7801776426199001217.jpg

Urban Decay Shadow

Mushroom

swfupload_5786241733697867835.jpg

Grifter

swfupload_5082123785784540739.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Watsizzle

I have the same eye color! What type of neutrals? 

So, I use a lot of different colors, but what color I notice the most that make my eyes pop is Silver/Dark Gray combo! Makes sense, right?? I just got Buxom's stay there eyeshadow in Collie [which is more champagne- -but there is a color called Pug, that is a silver base and purple in it]; Also, Maybelline's color tattoo in Silver Strike is so pretty. And then I just use whatever darker color for the crease. Also, I bought tarte's Aqualillies palette, and in it, there are a range of neutrals, but also a turquoise, and that makes my eyes pop too... the dark brown shade is GORGEOUS. 

So yeah, you could use purples, turquoise, even emeralds! Silver/gray shades look the best, but honestly, you could even use pinks. I feel like it's a pretty eye color that you could use any shade with! :smileyhappy: Hopefully that helps!

garnett

I think purples/lavander/lilac shades would look good.  I have blue eyes and I usually wear Naked eyeshadows but I like a pop of color and either put some in the crease or use it as an eyeliner.  Sometimes I use a brown/grey/taupe eyeliner pencil but then go over sightly and above with a pretty blue or green line of color like CHAOS from UD.  That way I get to use colors I love and they don't fight with my eye color.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • garnett
    • starletta8
    • Watsizzle
    • guggaboo